Do you have someone else's username prefilled at MOTU.com?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Do you have someone else's username prefilled at MOTU.com?

Post by Tomas E »

Sometimes when I'm about to log in at MOTU.com I have another username prefilled, presumably someones authentic username and not just mumbo jumbo. If someone of you recognizes "JohHuisman" as your username I suggest you contact MOTU about it since it shouldn't appear in my browser. I've mentioned this to MOTU some year ago but I don't remember what came out of it. Now it has started again. It's not the same username every time, it can differ. So if not this one belongs to one of you, the next time I'm about to log in it may be one of yours I see.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Do you have someone else's username prefilled at MOTU.co

Post by stubbsonic »

I've never seen a pre-filled name at Motu.com.

But I do have a cookie manager that might be affecting that. You could try getting rid of your cookie for that and see if it goes away.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

Yes!

I've been getting this recently. I haven't stopped long enough to note what's happening to report it.

Glad someone else is seeing it.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

That's a bit of a concern. I always thought the browser did the prefilling. So my info could end up being used when someone else logs into a site?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Look carefully at the "name." It usually is a standin for an invalid entry and yes, that is a recent development. They probably changed servers or software or the code for security in the name and password field. If you get an email with a new password (as I did years ago) then someone is trying to hack in.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

Out of curiosity I went there to try it and got Vinni0714 as an auto fill.
I've never seen that before and its not something coming from my browser.
Their page must have a bug in it.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I got the same a few times. For kicks, I clicked to log in and got an "invalid..." error so I ignored it and logged in as usual which worked.

It only happened in iOS/Safari with me.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

mikehalloran wrote:I got the same a few times. For kicks, I clicked to log in and got an "invalid..." error so I ignored it and logged in as usual which worked.

It only happened in iOS/Safari with me.
I'm using chrome. I've had it happen in Windows and OS X now.

I haven't had it happen since this thread was posted though... yet.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

e-snobben wrote:Sometimes when I'm about to log in at MOTU.com I have another username prefilled, presumably someones authentic username and not just mumbo jumbo. If someone of you recognizes "JohHuisman" as your username I suggest you contact MOTU about it since it shouldn't appear in my browser. I've mentioned this to MOTU some year ago but I don't remember what came out of it. Now it has started again. It's not the same username every time, it can differ. So if not this one belongs to one of you, the next time I'm about to log in it may be one of yours I see.
Well, e-snobben, we haven't exactly known how to discuss this with you, but it seems that you have an alter ego that wakes up when there is no moon outside, and starts trolling the forums all over the music-net. Yeah, this JohHuisman fellow is scary. Texas Chainsaw scary. You're lucky you can't meet him, because I'm sure he would do some damage. Best bet is to stay highly inebriated during the New Moon phase. He seems to babble nothing but gibberish when drunk.

:shake:

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Tomas E

Post by Tomas E »

Shooshie wrote: Well, e-snobben, we haven't exactly known how to discuss this with you, but it seems that you have an alter ego that wakes up when there is no moon outside, and starts trolling the forums all over the music-net. Yeah, this JohHuisman fellow is scary. Texas Chainsaw scary. You're lucky you can't meet him, because I'm sure he would do some damage. Best bet is to stay highly inebriated during the New Moon phase. He seems to babble nothing but gibberish when drunk.

Shoosh
Sometimes I don't understand your attitude. The reason for not being here is simply because I have spent more time with my girlfriend watching the Olympics during the evenings and I've also been occupied during the days with deciding what old analog gear to keep or to sell. I checked my email for the first time since Wednesday and there were 23 of'em, mostly replies to threads I've been watching. So this is not the only forum I've been gone from.

I really think you owe me an apology for your foregone conclusion.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

:rofl:

Man, lighten up. Clearly he was making a joke about the user name you said was auto filled, not about YOU.

Alas, poor Humor. I remember him well. Lol
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

e-snobben wrote:
Shooshie wrote: Well, e-snobben, we haven't exactly known how to discuss this with you, but it seems that you have an alter ego that wakes up when there is no moon outside, and starts trolling the forums all over the music-net. Yeah, this JohHuisman fellow is scary. Texas Chainsaw scary. You're lucky you can't meet him, because I'm sure he would do some damage. Best bet is to stay highly inebriated during the New Moon phase. He seems to babble nothing but gibberish when drunk.

Shoosh
Sometimes I don't understand your attitude. The reason for not being here is simply because I have spent more time with my girlfriend watching the Olympics during the evenings and I've also been occupied during the days with deciding what old analog gear to keep or to sell. I checked my email for the first time since Wednesday and there were 23 of'em, mostly replies to threads I've been watching. So this is not the only forum I've been gone from.

I really think you owe me an apology for your foregone conclusion.
Many apologies, e-snobben! Sometimes jokes just don't happen in print, not to mention across languages! Not joking at you! Not at all! I was joking about that name that appears in your ID field. It's almost as if someone else has been using your computer. So... the idea occurred to me that if any of us had that disorder they used to call "split personality," a Jekyll and Hyde situation may occur where Mr. Hyde would be wreaking havoc while occupying Jekyll's body, and poor Jekyll would wake up the next day to find a lynch mob after him, everything in his house broken, or in modern day, all his favorite forums trashed by the troll Mr. Hyde.

I think I've known some people for whom that actually happens to a degree. They start the day with a great attitude, but start drinking around 3:00, and by 10:00 pm, they are unbearable trolls.

But I'm NOT SAYING you're one of them. I just used that mysterious name in your ID field to suggest the funniest outcome I could think of, and that's what it was.

Very sorry that I'm a poor comedy writer. Of course, if I were telling it in person, you'd probably think the same thing. "That guy can't tell a joke worth a darn!" Then if you lived here in Texas, you'd pull out a gun and shoot me.

Ok... ok... I'll shut up now.

Again, nothing but respect for you... it was a poor attempt at humor.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Tomas E

Post by Tomas E »

Shooshie wrote: Many apologies, e-snobben! Sometimes jokes just don't happen in print, not to mention across languages! Not joking at you! Not at all! I was joking about that name that appears in your ID field. It's almost as if someone else has been using your computer. So... the idea occurred to me that if any of us had that disorder they used to call "split personality," a Jekyll and Hyde situation may occur where Mr. Hyde would be wreaking havoc while occupying Jekyll's body, and poor Jekyll would wake up the next day to find a lynch mob after him, everything in his house broken, or in modern day, all his favorite forums trashed by the troll Mr. Hyde.

I think I've known some people for whom that actually happens to a degree. They start the day with a great attitude, but start drinking around 3:00, and by 10:00 pm, they are unbearable trolls.

But I'm NOT SAYING you're one of them. I just used that mysterious name in your ID field to suggest the funniest outcome I could think of, and that's what it was.

Very sorry that I'm a poor comedy writer. Of course, if I were telling it in person, you'd probably think the same thing. "That guy can't tell a joke worth a darn!" Then if you lived here in Texas, you'd pull out a gun and shoot me.

Ok... ok... I'll shut up now.

Again, nothing but respect for you... it was a poor attempt at humor.

Shooshie
Your apologies are accepted.

No it's not always easy to tell a joke with the language and cultural barrier in mind. There's a Swedish Kurd you may have heard of, a comedian called Oezz Nujen, https://twitter.com/ozznujen?lang=sv . He once was in the U.S making a stand-up show. He told the audience about the terrible things regarding 9/11 and finished that sentence almost crying with "it was my brother who flew one of the planes". A joke of course, but he was taken off the stage and that was probably the one and only performance he made over there.