Positive

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Positive

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of hurdy gurdy videos out there, but this one was a link sent to me in an e-mail and I just thought I'd pass it along. (I'm easily amused.) It happens when you cross a certain age threshold.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

One could spend days on end watching videos of all the weird instruments out there which are merely large or small versions of existing instruments. Here's a sampler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v62YjjV-Roo

I wonder how many of these are NOT present in Wallander Instruments!
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Musician joke:
Who shall we pick on today? Let's see, Shoosie's been here recently. Sorry Shoosh, you're up.

What's the definition of a minor second?

Two sax players reading off the same chart.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Phil O wrote:Musician joke:
Who shall we pick on today? Let's see, Shoosie's been here recently. Sorry Shoosh, you're up.

What's the definition of a minor second?

Two sax players reading off the same chart.
:lol: OK Phil... How many engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None. AutoTurn takes care of it for them. And the light is never flat.
MIDI Life Crisis

What's the difference between an orchestra and a bull?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Umm. I dunno. What?
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

Shooshie wrote:A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

I know that was posted a month ago, but...HAAHHAHAHAHAHA.....
Ill be editing all night..so that was a nice giggle
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
MIDI Life Crisis

Phil O wrote:Umm. I dunno. What?
A bull has the horns in the front and the ass$%^& in the back.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote: What's the difference between a bull and an orchestra?
Phil O wrote:Umm. I dunno. What?
A bull has the horns in the front and the ass$%^& in the back.
That's good. That's actually pretty good!
Of course, we must not gang up on the poor conductors of this world. They aren't merely asses, they are just born anally superior.

Then, there are those conductors who are actually good at what they do without being asses. Somehow they slip through the cracks without being properly credentialed, thus music actually gets made!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

PS: Stars & Stripes is often performed "bullish."
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Phil O wrote:MLC, got your PM. Tried to reply, but it got blocked. Damn, dude. How'd I miss that? I must be slipping. :lol:
Wonderful news, Phil; thank you matey.

I gave up trying to PM Magilla a couple o' years ago 'cause I got blocked too, and thought it must've been something I said. Given the fact that I've said so damned much, I figured the weight of numbers wasn't in my favour.

Such positive news to know that I'm not alone.
HCMarkus wrote:Whenever my 93 year old dad, whose memory is pretty unreliable, is ready to conclude one of our regular phone conversations, he says something like "Say hello to your wife, your kids, and anybody else around there who might appreciate it." Always puts a smile on my face.
I always say, "Please give my love to anyone who'll accept it" in ending 'phone conversations.
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Am I the only one who NEVER posts negative or snarky comments here? :dance:
Made my day, this one, Magilla. You're too much, bud! :lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
MIDI Life Crisis

monkey man wrote:... too much, bud! :lol:
You sure you need a coma [sic] there? :rofl:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

As I said, your bud is too much! :lol:

These new-fangled horticultural techniques have opened new universes for folks like you, Magilla. Things ain't what they used to be in the '70s, as you'd well know.

I'm both dismayed and proud (only of my effort) to be able to say that I left the club 20 months ago, on my deceased best-friend's birthday. I woke up that morning and made the decision out of the blue based upon the fact that it made ignoring my past more difficult, and only that. It's a constant challenge to prevent seepage from my all-pervasive (challenges in practically all areas I can think of) past into my lil' ol' consciousness, and if I fail even for a minute, I crash like a tonne of bricks, so the decision was easy and the motivation called for zero reassessment time because the benefits were immediately-tangible. I can only surmise that this is why it was all so easy, which was a shock after 35 years. Literally no effort. No side effects. No sleep interruptions, if that's possible on a 1 or 2-hour cycle, and so far no discernible difference in the world of the Monkey Psyche™ other than the fact that, as expected, it's been significantly-easier to maintain the discipline to, as Paul said, forget the past and press on.

Sorry for the semi-lengthy indulgence; I allowed myself this "luxury" because it was indeed positive! I'll always have a soft spot for that endeavour and will never diss anyone for his or her enjoyment of this God-sent fruit of nature, so to speak. Enjoy, you lucky bugger!

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

We've been experiencing the worst drought since we moved here in 1977. It hasn't rained here since June. So on a positive note we had a short thunderstorm today. We probably only got about 1/4 inch or so, but at this point we'll take what we can get. Yay!!!!!! :D