Sonar on Macs -- the end of Win-only DAW software?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sonar on Macs -- the end of Win-only DAW software?

Post by Shooshie »

musicman691 wrote:Yeah. Development has long been outsourced to either Russia itself or one of the former Soviet Union states. One of the things we wonder about on the DUC is who would be brave enough to buy out Avid and make PT usable again?
Musicman691, just out of curiosity, how is it that your name is non-searchable when displayed beside your post? Is there some BB software setting that opts you out of displaying your name as a link, like everyone else's? I've just never seen that before.

Example:
Your Name
(with no link in either appearance):
My Name (with an active link in each appearance):
Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

Shooshie wrote:
musicman691 wrote:Yeah. Development has long been outsourced to either Russia itself or one of the former Soviet Union states. One of the things we wonder about on the DUC is who would be brave enough to buy out Avid and make PT usable again?
Musicman691, just out of curiosity, how is it that your name is non-searchable when displayed beside your post? Is there some BB software setting that opts you out of displaying your name as a link, like everyone else's? I've just never seen that before.

Example:
Your Name
(with no link in either appearance):
My Name (with an active link in each appearance):
Shooshie
He's gone.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yep. There's an easy way to get a non-linkable username: get into a public dust up with the admin and not know when to shut up.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I guess I missed the fireworks!
:lol:

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Shooshie wrote:I guess I missed the fireworks!
:lol:

Shoosh
If one uses an RSS aggregator like Feedly, you can get a "time machine" like snapshot of all deleted posts, warts and all.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
billf

Post by billf »

cuttime wrote:If one uses an RSS aggregator like Feedly, you can get a "time machine"
Oh nice! Can you use that app to go forward in time and find out when DP 9.1 will be released? :mrgreen:
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

billf wrote:
cuttime wrote:If one uses an RSS aggregator like Feedly, you can get a "time machine"
Oh nice! Can you use that app to go forward in time and find out when DP 9.1 will be released? :mrgreen:
Would you check the stock market while you're up ahead? Or just bring me the 2020 World Almanac, and I'll just switch to the betting life. But don't let Marty McFly see you!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'll settle for the lotto numbers for this Saturday
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
nk_e

Post by nk_e »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I'll settle for the lotto numbers for this Saturday
Amen.

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

D'Oh!

Why, oh why do I always miss the fun stuff? Aarrgghh...

Oh yeah... it's probably 'cause I'm not able to be around as much as I'd like. Thank you, VPN.

NOT! :cry:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here