UVI workstation question - save preset changes?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
musicman691

UVI workstation question - save preset changes?

Post by musicman691 »

Didn't want to pile on on the Digital Synsations download threads so am starting a new thread. Took a while to do the d/l (about 11 hours using folx). Got that and the free Workstation d/l. Installed both no problem after I read the pdf on how to do things :oops:

Has some interesting preset sounds. A lot of what I like to do is to start with a preset and modify it to suit me. I'm talking about single mode here, not multi mode. And therein lies the rub - if I make a change and I like it there's no way that I can find to save said change that I can see; looked all over the manual. The only thing I can find is how to save a multi but not a single. Is it just not possible to save a single patch for an instrument? If there is can someone clue me in on how to do the deed?

Thanks.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UVI workstation question - save preset changes?

Post by bayswater »

Mach Five does it but I don't think you can save individual part patches with UVI player. You can save UVI settings in the DP Channel Strip Insert Settings, but that doesn't help over just saving the Multi.

Looks like it's being prevented. In the Effects Window, there is a "save preset" option active, but it does nothing.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:Mach Five does it but I don't think you can save individual part patches with UVI player. You can save UVI settings in the DP Channel Strip Insert Settings, but that doesn't help over just saving the Multi.

Looks like it's being prevented. In the Effects Window, there is a "save preset" option active, but it does nothing.
I figured M53 would allow individual part patches as I would imagine Falcon would as well but I'm not flush enough with cash to buy either at the moment. While it's neat one can save settings from within a daw those settings are only usable in that daw and aren't available in another; I use both DP and PT and would like to be able to see the same changed patch in the other.

Oh well - I guess for free one can't complain too much.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

The other workarounds: save all the possible combinations of parts you might use as multis, or save multis with one part only and use multiple instances of the player.

Or, pick out a few of the UVI sounds you like and use something like Autosampler (or whatever it's called now in Mainstage) to get what you want in a form that can be brought into Kontakt, assuming you have that.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:The other workarounds: save all the possible combinations of parts you might use as multis, or save multis with one part only and use multiple instances of the player.

Or, pick out a few of the UVI sounds you like and use something like Autosampler (or whatever it's called now in Mainstage) to get what you want in a form that can be brought into Kontakt, assuming you have that.
Thanks for the tip. Don't have Mainstage; I do have the full Kontakt though so I've got that much.
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

Mainstage is pretty cheap ($29.95) and is a good tool if you want to autosample a synth at multiple velocities. Then you can take the samples into Kontact.

Also has all the logic synths, including Alchemy. Those are fun to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

emulatorloo wrote:Mainstage is pretty cheap ($29.95)...
Now THAT is a no brainer! Nice to see you back here, man.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS