Motunation on the iPhone

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Motunation on the iPhone

Post by bayswater »

I get email notifications of posts in threads I'm following. Sometime these arrive when I'm away and have my iPhone handy. When I tap on the link to the new post I have to log in. If I have more than one notification I have to log in again for each one. I have selected remember me keep me logged in etc. This does not happen with my macs or iPads which are on the same iOS version as the iPhone.

What am I missing?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Motunation on the iPhone

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I stopped getting any notifications ages ago but I check in a lot so it doesn't matter. I just bookmark "unread messages" and check the PM link at the top. Never use Tapatalk either. Can't see sigs so what good is it in answering ?s where I need to know setups?

You could reset your notification pref to no me and save and then back to your prefs and that should reset it.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I stopped getting any notifications ages ago but I check in a lot so it doesn't matter. I just bookmark "unread messages" and check the PM link at the top. Never use Tapatalk either. Can't see sigs so what good is it in answering ?s where I need to know setups?

You could reset your notification pref to no me and save and then back to your prefs and that should reset it.
Yes, I gave up on Tapatalk too. It kept changing and I spent too much time figuring it out.

I have New Posts bookmarked on everything, and it works on everything including the iPhone. That's what I use most of the time. It's just curious that going to a message notification link works on everything except the iPhone. And it hasn't worked for 5 years.

Is there a link for Unread Messages that is different from New Posts?
frankf

Motunation on the iPhone

Post by frankf »

Still using Tapatalk but I agree it's a big problem not seeing signatures. I'll have try bookmarking.
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Tapatalk doesn't show signatures AFAIK. There's not anyway around that. Things aren't perfect I know and I'm not a programmer nor can I pay one. There's ONE banner ad and that wouldn't cover it and when ads started popping up on Tapatalk (unbeknownst to me) I immediately had users complain and say they'd ditch Tapatalk.

So guys, it sort of is what it is. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote:Tapatalk doesn't show signatures AFAIK. There's not anyway around that. Things aren't perfect I know and I'm not a programmer nor can I pay one. There's ONE banner ad and that wouldn't cover it and when ads started popping up on Tapatalk (unbeknownst to me) I immediately had users complain and say they'd ditch Tapatalk.

So guys, it sort of is what it is. :(
Is there anything you know of that I should check on my iPhone that would cause it to require login to Motunation for every message? I don't really care about Tapatalk. It sucks equally on all the other forums.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Nope. I don't. This the first I'd ever heard of it frankly. When I have time, I can try to check into it but given my schedule lately, I wouldn't hold my breath. Tapatalk, BTW, seems to work fine for me. Obviously, YMMV.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James, don't worry about it. I thought you might have come across it before.