Heavyocity sale / Continuata grumble

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Tonio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Heavyocity sale / Continuata grumble

Post by Tonio »

K
Jumped on this 50% sale offered by NI/ Heavyocity. So downloaded Continuata Connect app to download/install AEON Melodic lib. This connect app crashes on the 1st file of 16 rar files. Mind you , its a 28G lib. I reopen via the crash report, and it appears to continue to download.
OK, hopefully its good.
Hours later, returning to the computer...... crash!!! :banghead:

Appears it downloaded all the files, but crashed on the install on file 6.

uurrgh, :shake: Connect is locked up, toggling resume/ pause does nothing.

Put in a support ticket w/ Continuata & Heavyocity, robo reply from Continuata received quickly, Heavyocity replies with : please be sure to use the most currect Connect app- which was already noted and downloaded via their install instructions. Gee, thank you so much for the in depth support suggestion- I figure they obviously don't support the 3rd party download app, as is also mentioned on the instructions.

No support reply from Continuata at all at this point, and its been 3days.
checked out their FAQ's and other web info. NADA.

So I figure, maybe I could trash the app, download again and re try. Once again it crashed on the 1st file. Trying not to get upset, I read the FAQ once more, and noticed instructions on manual install instructions that obviously was not my case, but used the shift/ download button function to prompt the supposed install menu. Its starts downloading again, and again it crashes on the 1st file, so I repeat this optional manual install method, and goes through.... until the last file :banghead: crashes again. As a last resort- Re try I thought- and viola all goes well , and installed all the files.

:woohoo:

Hey, now I can play with this lib
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES