Heads up: Melodyne 4 is supposed to drop today.

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
nk_e
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Heads up: Melodyne 4 is supposed to drop today.

Post by nk_e »

The site is down for the update.

The updates look significant.

http://lefkan.ee/Infolehed/Melodyne/Gui ... 4%20EN.pdf

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com

mikehalloran

Re: Heads up: Melodyne 4 is supposed to drop today.

Post by mikehalloran »

Any idea on the upgrade pricing?

Not that it really matters, I suppose. I'll get it — just don't know when, right?
Last edited by mikehalloran on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Cool! Thanks.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
nk_e

Post by nk_e »

Unfortunately no idea.

There is pricing for the full packages at the end of the PDF and they seem to track current pricing. I'm anticipating that the upgrade pricing scheme will be similar to last time.

What I am hoping for is some consideration for upgrading to version 4 AND going from 'editor' to 'studio'. Fingers crossed.

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

nk_e wrote:What I am hoping for is some consideration for upgrading to version 4 AND going from 'editor' to 'studio'. Fingers crossed.
Oh yea. There's nothing on Sweetwater yet except upgrades to v.3
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Pretty pricey stuff.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

The linked page describes Melodyne 4 Studio (the standalone version).. No mention of Melodyne Editor, which is the plug-in. Hopefully, Melodyne Editor will be upgraded to version 4 as well.

Seems like Melodyne 4 addresses the tempo detection problems in 3, and also allows you to better determine what is an instrument blob, and what is room and extraneous noise. Melodyne 3 Studio's tempo detection sucks, so any improvement in that department, as well as time-stretching and pitch shifting, is indeed welcome.

Pricey? Yes, but for me Melodyne is not an option, it's a necessity. So I'll definitely be getting it.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Scroll down. There are four pages. Editor is getting an upgrade but it's hard to say how much without a direct comparison with 3 other than it promises a faster workflow.

Of course, if I do go to Studio, it means that I'll have to spend time learning it.

Frankly, Editor does everything I need and I don't have any current projects that would benefit if I had Studio . . . doesn't mean that I don't want it, though.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Melodyne is amazing. Isn't it mainly the work of one guy? (saw a video long ago, but don't remember all the details) That one guy probably has a better understanding of the digital processing of sound waves than anyone alive.

That's what gives me hope that someone, someday, will rescue the pathetic sample-library industry with some real programming instead of GUI bells & whistles on the same technology of the Fairlight and E-Mu from the 1970s/80s.

I've gotta get Melodyne. I don't know why i've put it off for so long.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

Shooshie wrote: I've gotta get Melodyne. I don't know why i've put it off for so long.

Shooshie
Me too, but I know why I've put it off...

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

AudioDeluxe had a great price on 3 Editor last year so I bit. Hopefully there will be something similar for 4—perhaps tied to NAMM?

Since I don't do much with pop music except for Christian music now and then, it's highly unlikely that I will ever update AutoTune. Besides, DP and Izotope have me covered on that.

Melodyne, however… The first time you reach into a live recording and fix that one, really bad note instead of copying audio from somewhere else, trying to make it work, you know the money's well spent.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

I don't see anything about the upgrade price for Editor? Essentials, Assistant, and Studio are mentioned but nothing for Editor??

I'm sure it won't be cheap for me anyway, I'm on 2, didn't even realize there was a 3. :?
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

OK for anyone wondering, from v2 to v4 Editor is $99. Not too shabby!
I still don't have an upgrade path to Studio though?? probably email them before I upgrade to find out.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
nk_e

Post by nk_e »

Michael Canavan wrote:OK for anyone wondering, from v2 to v4 Editor is $99. Not too shabby!
I still don't have an upgrade path to Studio though?? probably email them before I upgrade to find out.
$149

You get there by clicking on "select" when you are on the Main Melodyne 4 page. It will take you to a page where you can add the appropriate version to your cart.

https://www.celemony.com/cgi-bin/WebObj ... lemonyShop

They still use WebObjects!

mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I have both, but only use the plug-in. I got too confused when they kept changing the branding, naming, versioning, form factor of delivery, etc., and even after visiting my account at their website, am not fully confident of which Melodynes on my computer are "current" and which ones are "obsolete".

I am about to read the PDF now. Hopefully it disambiguates their product line, at the very least!

But I'm with Dave on this one: it is an essential part of my workflow as opposed to a luxury. I don't know what I'd do without it. The Antares products to my ears aren't even in the same ballpark.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH