OK, So I'd like to share this Titular Narrative

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

OK, So I'd like to share this Titular Narrative

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: OK, So I'd like to share this Titular Narrative

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

So love it! Actually, that usage is, or should be, acceptable.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Did you just walk it back?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

A nice list. "Price point" has been a bugbear of mine for years now... another term from a specialized field that got out among us to be misused, like "for all intents and purposes."

A "price point" is the number at which consumer perception of a product changes: it is either seen as more valuable up to a given price point, at which perception begins to change to a sense that it's overpriced. A price point is established using standard marketing metrics, and applies broadly to a product category.

But that guitar you want? It's not a great deal at that "price point." It's just a great deal at that price.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

If you will, I am still wondering why "affluenza" is not on the list, but, it is what it is.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

cuttime wrote:If you will, I am still wondering why "affluenza" is not on the list, but, it is what it is.
Because it hasn't been cured yet.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
cuttime wrote:If you will, I am still wondering why "affluenza" is not on the list, but, it is what it is.
Because it hasn't been cured yet.
LOL! :rofl:

Actually, I've seen people get cured of that in Las Vegas. Takes a while to get over the cure, though.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

"Sketchy" is a word that I've seen rise in popular use lately. Sometimes it seems that it's taking the place of actual thought when describing a person, situation, or thing. While it can be a good word, there are often better words, such as cursory or perfunctory when describing someone's actions, and many others, depending on context. But sketchy has taken other meanings, hinting at suspicious, questionable, dubious, or even wild & crazy; new territory for something so hasty and vague.

Language is always a carnival. Sometimes it's fun, but I think anything beats the jargon that began to gain popularity in the late 1980s, continuing into the new century, handed to us by the wildly out-of-control Wall Street gamblers who sought to justify and legitimize their irrational, often immoral new "business methods" that basically involved getting rich by stealing from trusting customers and not looking back at the devastation they created. Their favorite tricks involved swapping the functions of words so that nouns became verbs, verbs became nouns or even adverbs. The first CEO to talk this way must have been a sensation, but by the time this jargon had made its way into every two-bit newsletter and gossip column, it had become the most tired, worn-out, and utterly meaningless language trend that I can remember seeing.
  • "We will trend these actionables to liftably impact our bottom line."
So, we've had to walk it back to show that poor usage isn't the secret sauce of the conversation, but is problematic for all stakeholders, not just in pressers, but when manspreading their linguistic habits to achieve break-the-internet physicality in their speech at all price points, whether giving me life in a viral vid or just vaping a terse and pithy Bogart line. In other words, let's keep it real, dearies!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Snappy!
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.