Monkey Man spotted recording new album in Jungleville

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Monkey Man spotted recording new album in Jungleville

Post by James Steele »

Nicky, I'm using stopforumspam.com to filter who can access this board. Somehow your IP address must have been reported for spamming a board. It's obviously a mistake. If you got to stop forum spam there's a page where you can contact them and have your IP removed from their list. I can't pass your IP through without dropping the spam shield for the entire board. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Monkey Man spotted recording new album in Jungleville

Post by James Steele »

Here's the URL to the form for removing your IP from the blacklist: http://stopforumspam.com/removal
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
billf

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote:Agreed, Billy. You well know that I didn't think I'd ever post there, period.

It goes to show how desperate not being able to log in here left me. Usually I'm poor and destitute, but now I've been left poor and desperate. That's worse. LOL
Sorry to hear you've been unable to get through here Nicky.

GS can be a good place to get info on some speciality subjects (for example when I'm looking for info on mics or guitar amps), but for me remains "read only." Although I do notice they have a DP sub forum there now, so that is some progress in the right direction I suppose.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

I sort of gave up checking that sub-forum, Billy, as not much seemed to be happening there. The DP9 thread seemed to die on its ass.

I agree about the "specialty" thing; pretty much any item one might be interested in learning about is covered there somewhere. The User-Review section is handy too, IMHO.

I've found that as long as I'm not involved in the fray, some of the trolling, attempts at ruffling feathers and general "fanboi-ism " is mildly entertaining. As I suggested 'though, I (and I imagine you) certainly don't want to be in the thick of it. Seems so stressful even to imagine partaking...
James Steele wrote:I can't pass your IP through without dropping the spam shield for the entire board. :(
Wow, thank you so much for this info, James. I had no idea you'd shared this 3 weeks ago. I had a feeling it'd be something like this - a "generic" template, the specifics of which are defined by its creator/s.
James Steele wrote:Here's the URL to the form for removing your IP from the blacklist: http://stopforumspam.com/removal
Awesome. Thank you, Jimbo.

I'll have to see what happens. My VPN uses a variety of locations / addresses (I really have no idea of the terminology or how it actually works!), and so far all have been blocked. Will visit the link you kindly provided ASAP.

Thank you again, brother James!

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
billf

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote:As I suggested 'though, I (and I imagine you) certainly don't want to be in the thick of it. Seems so stressful even to imagine partaking...
I only read GS, I never post there. Same with KVR actually, it is also read only.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

"Read-only"?

Sounds like a permissions thing, Stoivo.

I'll tell you what - you hereby are cleared for takeoff; you have my permission to post at BeerGutz... if you dare. LOL

Checked out James' link. There's a procedure involving filling out forms or whatever, waiting for email confirmation and then instantiating the un-block at hand. Only thing is, this has to be done for every address the VPN uses... which is a bunch... and each one takes at least a day from what I can tell.

So, for now it'll just have to be the occasional visit from the Monkster; I'll try to swing by too when I can...

billf

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote:I'll tell you what - you hereby are cleared for takeoff; you have my permission to post at BeerGutz... if you dare. LOL
That would require me to set up an account, and I'm too lazy to do it.. :lol:
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Fair enough, Billy.

You'll do it if and when you feel compelled to join a discussion, and that obviously hasn't happened yet...