Monkey Man spotted recording new album in Jungleville

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Monkey Man spotted recording new album in Jungleville

Post by mhschmieder »

iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Monkey Man spotted recording new album in Jungleville

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

He's just doing covers of tunes by The Monkeys.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

Looks more like one of his backup singers
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

It's clearly the opening riff from Yes! We Have No Bannanas.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

HCMarkus wrote:It's clearly the opening riff from Yes! We Have No Bannanas.
Or "Yes, We Have No Banana Plugs"
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Or "Yes, We Have No Banana Plugs"
APeeling train of thought MIDI, but in this digital era, the salad days of those robust, yet fruity connectors have long since passed. Anyway I prefer kumquats with my greens.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

wylie1 wrote:Looks more like one of his backup singers
Yes indeed. I do believe that's a monkey woman.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Looks like he could be singing some lyrics by The Dickies..."You drive me ape, you big gorilla."
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

... and he does, that big Magilla Gorilla, but you've gotta love him.

Busted again, it seems. How'm I gonna get out of this one? Let's see...

OK, I was posing as one of my backup singers, quite successfully from what I gather from the feedback, performing a medley consisting of "You drive me ape, you big gorilla", "Yes! We Have No Bannanas" and a bunch of hittoons by The Monkeys.

OTOH, I just may have switched my image for a new album that I might be recording, but seeing as it's a top-secret project, I'd not admit this if it were the case.

Hang on... doh! Foiled again by my own ship-sinkin', steekin' lips!

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
billf

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote: I just may have switched my image for a new album that I might be recording, but seeing as it's a top-secret project, I'd not admit this if it were the case.
It's too late Nicky, it's been leaked. We all know you're rocking the Les Paul and doing a cover song:

"Everybody's got something to hide except my and my monkey..."

The leaked studio photo proves it. :D
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Got this from Nicky over at BeerSlutz:
Maaate, I've been crook and when I have tried to log on to MN in the past month the message, "Go away, spammer" has appeared.

Probably my VPN's port, along with a bunch of others, has been blocked by Jimbo. When I can justify pausing all my downloads I'll be back home, but it would seem only at these times. Bummer, as no other forum has done this. James has obviously played it safe 'though, and I don't blame him for it.

Hope you're well, Sir M, and please give my love to all and sundry.
He's still working on the record, obviously.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Ha ha ha!

Billy, I've actually got a version of that picture which has a Kemper (Toaster version) superimposed at the lower-right position, with the apparent quote (from me) saying, "Oh please... let me try the flat... ulu... banacku profile". I've been running it as my desktop pic now that the secret's out anyway.

In truth, the source was here at GS:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-many ... st11744479

The obvious question therefore must be as to whether or not deng beat you to the post. I know, he didn't and I'm only kidding. There can be only one E-Steamed Grand Poobah of Pooparazzi™ Award recipient after all, and we all know who that'll be this year yet again, eh?

Sir Markus, thank you for relaying the message to my beloved Unicorns, matey. Much appreciated.

In case anyone's interested, I've had to frequent the dreaded BeerGutz along with the Kemper and Roland Clan forums due to the fact that I've not been allowed to log in here. "Go away, spammer" sure seems like a fantastic message... for spammers to have to confront. In my case it makes me feel like an outcast. LOL

After installing the PIA VPN, which I think is the most popular out there, MOTUNation's board software has blocked me. Every other forum I've joined (those mentioned as well as VDrums, MOTIFator or whatever it's called, TGP and so on) works perfectly normally. I figure there must be a setting or specification made by James, that he's obviously felt necessary, that's responsible for this. It's not for me to second-guess or question him publicly about it, so I'll PM him and see what gives. Until now I've waited to see if the message HC passed on prompted him to do anything about it, assuming that if nothing happened it was likely too much to ask for said settings to be altered.

Specifics? Due to space issues (I've none left and can't afford HD upgrades for now) I download, at "trickle" speeds, to an external portable WD USB drive. The trickle allows "normal" surfing and forum use at the same time, but generally means I have a bunch of concurrent downloads active at any point in time. Mainly guitar-related videos from the Kemper forum, PooToob miscellany and Japanese, Korean and Chinese pop-video clips. My love of asian pop means I trawl through an absolute crapload in order to discover the gems hidden therein. My slow connection means that I can't just peruse PooToob and vet the videos there. All this amounts to, usually, a huge number of simultaneous downloads. After pausing them to turn off the VPN in order to log in here, their locations are lost; each one must be restarted or at the very least re-pointed to. This can take hours! As much as I love MOTUNation, and I'll resist waxing lyrical about it right now as most of you are aware of my passion for the forum, I simply can't afford the time or energy to go through the aforementioned process every day... or week, in order to be able to log in here.

So, I frequently check the "active topics" out and follow the shenanigans as there's no need to log in for that, wishing of course that I could contribute. I think of myself as a silent partner at these times; I'm always with you guys, if only in etherial (pun intended) spirit.

In the mean time, the Kemper forum has been a most-perfect substance-titty-tutorial; it boasts most if not all the same qualities we count on here, with very little mod intervention due to the community's decency and ability to self-moderate. It's obviously guitar-centric, so I've had a lot of catching up to do, but as I suggested, I'd truly have been in deep doodoo had I not had it to "fall back on".

As for BeerGutz, well, I thought I'd never have the Gutz to post there frequently, and I don't really, but after applying a liberal coat of CareFactorZero DuckGrease™ I've found that, miraculously, I appear to have developed a slightly thicker skin. Only slightly, mind you, so I still have to tread very carefully, but being the sensitive simian I am I count this as progress nevertheless.

OK, rant and catch-up monologue over. Let it be known that I'll never give up on my fellow 'Cornies, and that my heart will always be with them. Yes, that's YOU!

All my love,
Nicky

PS: Nothing to say, really; it just seemed obligatory.
Last edited by monkey man on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Well alright then! Good to hear from you Nicholas.

Did you ever re-paste those Xeons?
billf

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote:Ha ha ha!

Billy, I've actually got a version of that picture which has a Kemper (Toaster version) superimposed at the lower-right position, with the apparent quote (from me) saying, "Oh please... let me try the flat... ulu... banacku profile". I've been running it as my desktop pic now that the secret's out anyway.

In truth, the source was here at GS:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-many ... st11744479

The obvious question therefore must be as to whether or not deng beat you to the post. I know, he didn't and I'm only kidding. There can be only one E-Steamed Grand Poobah of Pooparazzi™ Award recipient after all, and we all know who that'll be this year yet again, eh?
You are a brave simian for posting over at the GS guitar forum. Those guys are "opinionated" to say the least. :D
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Agreed, Billy. You well know that I didn't think I'd ever post there, period.

It goes to show how desperate not being able to log in here left me. Usually I'm poor and destitute, but now I've been left poor and desperate. That's worse. LOL
HCMarkus wrote:Well alright then! Good to hear from you Nicholas.

Did you ever re-paste those Xeons?
You'll be mad at me. I upgraded to a helmet. Only kidding.

Almost as bad 'though, is the fact that I haven't done it yet. I've kept the AS upright in its tube as per instruction (who's I can't remember), and am waiting 'til I do the AVB upgrade. Probably another 2 months' painful waiting for the lay-buy to be completed (over a year now).

Fear not, Sir Markus. The pastin' will happen. I've been careful not to push the beast in the meantime, which isn't difficult when one isn't doing any audio processing.

Thank you for asking, bud.

EDIT: Reason for editing - Miss Pellings paid my posterior another visit, this time with her ruler!