Was the site inaccessible for others too?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Was the site inaccessible for others too?

Post by BKK-OZ »

Couldn't get to the 'nation for the past day or so.
Got the error message 'Could not access... Server could not be found...'
Maybe just an Oz problem?

I didn't see any other topics about this, sorry if I missed something.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
cuttime

Re: Was the site inaccessible for others too?

Post by cuttime »

Been solid in the USA for the last couple of days; ol' MonkeyMan seems to be getting through, too. What are you using for your DNS? I've given up on local ISP DNS servers, and have been using the Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for a while now. Much faster and more reliable.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I got an inaccessible error last night saying there were too many users logged on.

[edit: I'm in colorado.]
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

stubbsonic wrote:I got an inaccessible error last night saying there were too many users logged on.

[edit: I'm in colorado.]
Yep, the SQL Error -- claimed there were 1203 users logged in. Got it last night, too.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I get the SQL error from time to time, but over the weekend I was getting a different error.

I can't be stuffed looking for alternative DNS, etc. (thanks for the suggestion Cuttime) and given that it was only motunation.com that was a problem for me, I thought it worth mentioning.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

cut time wrote:... ol' MonkeyMan seems to be getting through, too.
Hey, who're you callin' man?

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here