possible useful insert feature?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
csavetman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

possible useful insert feature?

Post by csavetman »

So maybe someone else may find this feature request useful as well? In the mixing board, say you have all your insert slots filled on a particular channel. Now you decide you want to swap the order of a couple of plugins on that channel. (say compressor and eq)
My usual thing would be to just add another insert slot, or drag the plugin to an empty slot in another track in order to create the necessary room to swap plugin positions.
Might be handy if we could highlight the two insert slots in question, right click to bring up an option to swap selected plugin order.

Just thinking out loud.

Carlos

DP9.01
Mac dual quad core xeon 2.8 ghz
OS 10.10.5
Rick Cornish

Re: possible useful insert feature?

Post by Rick Cornish »

...or Command-Click and drag. (?)
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
bayswater

Re: possible useful insert feature?

Post by bayswater »

Command click opens the effects chooser.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8