How to troll

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: How to troll

Post by HCMarkus »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:What a gypt'!
It's how you feel when you realize you responded to a troll's post.
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

I don't think I'll ever understand the mentality of it all.
Yesterday a girl here in TO got a fine for leaving her dog in a hot car.
After posting on her twitterbook or facepage about the fine being unfair she came under attack?
Now the story is about how she became a victim of the internet :shock:
Now back to How to troll
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Gravity Jim wrote:The OP describes someone I have described as The Most Artfully Embedded Troll On The Interwebz. I even suspect that said troll doesn't even use DP for it's intended purpose, but as a McGuffin for attracting negative attention.
Please, do tell, Jim! I've spent the past 3 days fixing a neighbour's TV and the prospect of a little excitement (just a little) is almost too much to bear.

C'mon bro'; you can't just leave us hangin', high 'n dry or up the creek without a paddle... can you?

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I'm not crossing that line. But I bet you can figure it out. :wink:
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Hey, I appreciate that you give me such credit, Jim.

Honestly 'though, and maybe it's 'cause I've only been popping in as seldom as a couple o' times a week, which for me is not often, I think I must've missed some action.

I do remember asking in a thread a month ago what I'd missed (stuff had been deleted), but nobody stepped up to the plate; poor, stinky lil' ol' me was left out in the cold, stranded in the dark all on my lil' ol' lonesome! LOL

philbrown

Post by philbrown »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Depends. What's your favorite color?
Hmm... I thought Depends only came in white.
Good news!

Someday i'd like to see NO ONE take the troll bait and just leave it alone. Haven't seen it yet, and it could be done, but people just can't seem to help themselves or maybe just like to argue. As I get older 'choose your battles' has become a much-used motto and saved me from unnecessary grief.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

"Today we have a great new series and two updates to existing products! First, “Switching from Pro Tools to Studio One 3” is the solution many Pro Tools users have asked for. Eli Krantzberg shows you how to take your Pro Tools mind and wrap it around Studio One 3, so you can make the transition quickly and easily."

Looks like the barbarians are at the gates.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Was that on MN? How'd I miss that?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Was that on MN? How'd I miss that?
In an email from Groove3. Note reference to Eli.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

I'm lost but this discussion is still somehow thoroughly entertaining as I ponder your cryptic pontittyfications...

Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Another note on troll longevity:

When you realize a forum member has sussed you out, do not engage that member. Ignore-list them so you won't be tempted to respond and thereby weaken your cover.

As for barbarians at the gates: Groove3 probably hasn't had requests for training on transitioning from PT to DP... Not because people don't, but because it's a relatively easy transition.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Ignoring works until someone quotes the bonehead. Some trolls respond to general comments as personal attacks and then go on their own weak ass tirade, insisting they're on the high road. I think some are just high. Lol.

When you get right down to it, personal attacks are the hallmark of a weak minded troll who has run out of asinine things to say. Poor pathetic trolls. I hope they find peace at the next bridge.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Gravity Jim wrote:As for barbarians at the gates: Groove3 probably hasn't had requests for training on transitioning from PT to DP... Not because people don't, but because it's a relatively easy transition.
Apparently it's down to money. The effort involved in learning DP and making the previous videos was not justified by the sales. I'm told there is no DP9 update planned.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

That may be because because there's just not enough different in DP9 to warrant new videos. Did they tell you they aren't doing it because nobody wants them?
Jim Bordner

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Gravity Jim wrote:That may be because because there's just not enough different in DP9 to warrant new videos. Did they tell you they aren't doing it because nobody wants them?
What I was told is the effort in doing the first set wasn't justified by the money made.