JREF puts audiophile cables to the test again...

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

JREF puts audiophile cables to the test again...

Post by cuttime »

...and once again opens a huge can of worms. Could be fun, though.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/07/ ... las-vegas/
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Gravity Jim

Re: JREF puts audiophile cables to the test again...

Post by Gravity Jim »

An "audiophile" data cable?

The list of things of which I have heard now includes everything.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

cuttime wrote:...and once again opens a huge can of worms...
Not just any can of worms. These are super genetically modified audiophile worms. For the modest price of $12,000 you can have the best sounding worms on the planet. Place them around your house and they will reduce ground currents - you'll notice the noise reduction in your electronics within 2 weeks.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Phil O wrote:you'll notice the noise reduction in your electronics within 2 weeks.
Phil
Worm burn in period! :lol:
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

There's a well-known Aussie Rules football commentator who used to call low, ground-skimming kicks worm burners. Great term.

Just shaking my head. I s'pose folks who've got the dough to blow will find a way to flush it down somehow.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Ah yes, the audiophile data cable! You see, those 1's and 0's go through the cable so fast, nearly the speed of light, that when the cable has a bend in it, Einstein's relativistic effects kick in, and you start seeing the other side of the 1 before it even gets where it's going. In those cases, the computer often interprets a 1 as a 2. Many digital computers cannot process a 2 without resorting to the slower, analog co-processor. This gets the ones and zeroes out of order, being analog and all, and pretty soon you have a whole data train-wreck in the busses.

Audiophile cables grease the pipeline a little, so that those ones never twist around sideways, causing the computer to think they're 2s. If you add the magnetic brick that sits on top of your cables, it will support the data flow through the pipeline, allowing the data train to enter the bus and go around the block, turning right at all corners without having to wait on a left-turn signal from the CPU, which is already busy enough trying to figure out those 2's.

And if you're still reading this, I'll have to refer you to our technicians for the mountains of data-testing data that prove your audio will sound way better with an audiophile data cable, because I'm running low on bull-merde at the moment. DON'T TRUST YOUR EARS! Have you ever known a human with ears you can trust? I mean really, really TRUST??? This is the kind of extremely high-audiophile stuff that requires specially designed testers to realize just what's happening. In fact, we're the only company that has them. Yes, when you see the Audio-Snake logo, you know you're in rarified waters! (which you can buy in bottles in our gift shop!)

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

To hell with relativistic cables. I want QUANTUM cables!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

cuttime wrote:To hell with relativistic cables. I want QUANTUM cables!
Which we at Audio-Snake can provide in our Premium Line! Call for pricing. :koolaid:
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Shooshie wrote: Which we at Audio-Snake can provide in our Premium Line! Call for pricing. :koolaid:
Yeah, but are they ORGANIC?
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

cuttime wrote:
Shooshie wrote: Which we at Audio-Snake can provide in our Premium Line! Call for pricing. :koolaid:
Yeah, but are they ORGANIC?
Organic AND Irradiation-Free!
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedic ... B000I1X6PM

The Standard by which others are judged… please note the Review section.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

HCMarkus wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedic ... B000I1X6PM

Such a find! A month's supply of Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears to all!
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

LOL This is too much!

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

cuttime wrote:
HCMarkus wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedic ... B000I1X6PM

Such a find! A month's supply of Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears to all!
Not to mention the "customers also viewed" section. Uranium ore, and "outlook for wooden toilet seats in China".

And this!!
http://www.amazon.com/ThinkGeek-Thinkge ... E68Q6RRQ8Q
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

As long as those cables are vegan, organic, non-GMO, cruelty-free, all natural, no MSG, dolphin safe and free trade, I'm in!

Those Haribo reviews are hilarious! I was at the hardware store the other day and someone in front of me in line was buying a couple of bags of Haribo candy and you kind of want to say something to them, but what would you say? Hard to summarize all those reviews in line at Ace Hardware!
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce