DSP-Quatro questions-Help needed!

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Timeline
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DSP-Quatro questions-Help needed!

Post by Timeline »

I have been doing DP remixes to DSPQ at 192-24bit and trying to master and create a cd on 15 songs.

I got to the end of the peq list with all the plugs working and set and tried to cut a disk and an error came up saying you needed to lower the sample rate yet the heading on the pull down menu was to create a 44.1 disk image from files. I tried this some time ago at 96K-24 and I remember being able to cut the disk but now I'm stopped in my tracks. Please confirm this works, anyone???

If there is a workaround without conversion this is what I'm looking for. Replies from DSP-Q do not come and its been several days so any help here would be welcomed.

On other thing. I wish the MOTU plugs worked as AUs in this app. I love allot of them.

Regards,
Gary B
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
Timeline

Re: DSP-Quatro questions-Help needed!

Post by Timeline »

I tried to add a couple of tracks and it ruined the entire list and I had to start over. The cue points are not there when moved. It seems you have to build the entire project in the proper order or problems with the green cue points change.

Also al files have to be the same SR or it will not work either. I'm really used to DP auto converting I guess.

It looks like support dropped off the planet. No update since last year and they don't answer emil questions either.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
BobK

Post by BobK »

Timeline wrote:It looks like support dropped off the planet. No update since last year and they don't answer emil questions either.
Just FYI, I had a problem with authorization two or three weeks ago and Stefano replied promptly.
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

I'll try him again, Thanks
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Is there a possibility that one of your plugs does not like the sample rate conversion?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

Hi Mike. No, I got through that. My problems are now all around the region lists. The sound files are all there but the markers are all screwed up. I'm trying to find a way to rebuild the entire markers list at this point so I can reset the cue start points. I never used this app really although I bought it last year. I generally just used toast before that but the features with the plugs sound better in Stafanos program. I have tried everything and so far I cannot get things right unless I start over completely with new files clean. I have converted everything to 44.1 for now but was hoping to do everything 192 and then cut a redbook CD final. I have 16 tracks. Basically all the songs I have recorded over the last 10 years I was planning to put up on Apple streaming.