Watch the Star Wars theme...one of the world’s first synths

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Watch the Star Wars theme...one of the world’s first synths

Post by BKK-OZ »

Watch the Star Wars theme played on one of the world’s first synthesizers in 1977

'While the computer reprograms itself, let me tell you about my work as a scientist in Bell Laboratories...'
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
stubbsonic

Re: Watch the Star Wars theme...one of the world’s first syn

Post by stubbsonic »

Roger Powell, also of Utopia (with Todd Rundgren).

Those guys were cutely stiff. Nerds of the highest order.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

That was uncanny. We've got lot cheaper, and a lot faster. Not sure we've got a lot better.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

bayswater wrote:That was uncanny. We've got lot cheaper, and a lot faster. Not sure we've got a lot better.
I can only speak for myself- I have been progressively been getting worse.
:P :P

I found it interesting how he kept referencing how fast it could process calculations.
And even though ~40 years have passed, the numbers still sound kinda impressive.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku