NI accounts hacked

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
kgdrum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NI accounts hacked

Post by kgdrum »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I thought I was a drama queen! LOL. :rofl:

Don't worry you are our Drama Queen

;-)
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Okay... I had to step in on another topic and waste some of my limited time on this planet with that. So I'll do it here. If someone makes a post that *might* be alarmist, but has overall good intentions, we can dispense with the curt and scolding tone. It takes a tiny bit more energy, but weigh someone's intentions before lecturing them. Thanks.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Holy brass bovine, Batman, it weighs... half a tonne!

That's 500kg of good intentions, Jimbo.

Keep us up to date, won't you Jack?

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Call NI tech support.

1-323-467-2693
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

David Polich wrote:Call NI tech support.

1-323-467-2693
I've dealt with NI Tech support and they're useless. Besides that number doesn't deal with website issues. I refuse to call any Tech Support on my own dime.
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

musicman691 wrote:

1-323-467-2693
I've dealt with NI Tech support and they're useless. Besides that number doesn't deal with website issues. I refuse to call any Tech Support on my own dime.

In my experience NI tech support via phone has been actually very good. They can probably look at your account and see why you don't have access or merge the accounts.

If you are calling from within the USA,
you can call toll-free on:
Tel.: +1 866 556 6487

imo if you have been denied access to your account the only way to resolve this is to deal with NI, whether you need to call them toll free or not.
If you're not interested in dealing with NI support how do you expect to resolve this???
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

A dime is a lot of $$$ to spend.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

kgdrum wrote:
musicman691 wrote:

1-323-467-2693

In my experience NI tech support via phone has been actually very good. They can probably look at your account and see why you don't have access or merge the accounts.

If you are calling from within the USA,
you can call toll-free on:
Tel.: +1 866 556 6487

imo if you have been denied access to your account the only way to resolve this is to deal with NI, whether you need to call them toll free or not.
If you're not interested in dealing with NI support how do you expect to resolve this???
You're missing what I said - NI Tech Support does NOT deal with website issues. I and others have been down that road before. But other than that I have had several dealing with NI Tech Support for working inside ProTools and they didn't even know what AudioSuite plugins were.
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

If you can't access your account for products you bought and registered,it's not a website issue it's a user account issue.

Over and out. :roll:
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I had a similar experience with NI a while ago when I had their early release of Garritan and DFH. I couldn't log in to authorize, even using a new pw they sent. Via email support I got a message from someone in Germany telling me it was a localization error that they would fix. Apparently it would have worked if I had set my Mac to Danish.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Long, long time ago... Finale came with some NI libraries. Dealing with their web site and license manager inside Finale was a not fun. There is no longer any reference to that in my NI account -- as if it never happened. Since those versions of Finale no longer work, I deleted those versions of NI and never gave it a thought till now. Well, those are moments I will never get back.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

The NI site leave me with the impression of a couple of geniuses who outsource development and support to Elbonia which passes the product off to the three drink minimum marketing team.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:The NI site leave me with the impression of a couple of geniuses who outsource development and support to Elbonia which passes the product off to the three drink minimum marketing team.
:rofl:

When I worked for Pacific Bell in Oakland (another lifetime ago), we were allowed to use old artwork in the ads we created for the yellow pages. Before Dilbert, Scott Adams had worked in the same office on Webster St. There were big signs on the cabinet with his original art that we could look at and copy the ID #s but we were not to remove anything. I no longer remember if the Elbonians showed up in his old ads but many of his characters got their start there.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

kgdrum wrote:If you can't access your account for products you bought and registered,it's not a website issue it's a user account issue.

Over and out. :roll:
You missed what I wrote. I have no problem with accessing my product account but rather with accessing the NI forums which as we all know is a separate account. :roll: :roll:
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I'm still not understanding what the issue is. Were you not able to request a password reset?

Mine didn't work again and it was a two minute wait to request a receive a reset. This is a long outstanding issue with that site and I am not understanding why you keep beating this dead horse.