NI accounts hacked

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
musicman691

Re: NI accounts hacked

Post by musicman691 »

mikehalloran wrote:I'm still not understanding what the issue is. Were you not able to request a password reset?

Mine didn't work again and it was a two minute wait to request a receive a reset. This is a long outstanding issue with that site and I am not understanding why you keep beating this dead horse.
Yes I was able to request a password reset no problem. Waiting for the reset to happen was not a problem and never said it was. I don't know what the heck you're getting at with the 'why am I still beating this dead horse'; I'm only answering here as a courtesy to people that post and are expecting answers. If you can't get that then that's not my problem. I didn't start this thread to get abused like this. I thought it would maybe help someone who could be going through the same thing but I guess I was wrong.
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by David Polich »

Well, your posts all made it look like you didn't want to solve your problem, just moan about it.
Your account obviously wasn't hacked, your password just stopped working. Ghost in the machine,
data wormhole, whatever. Everybody loses their password activations from time to time.

You got it sorted out. Not everyone has had the same experience with NI that you've had. Me, for instance, I've always had good luck with calling their tech support, including inquiries about their
website.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Let's all just be a bit civil, eh?

Someone reported a concern/problem. Some people thought that there was no real problem. Then the thread kinda got bumpy, then way OT, now it's just silly.

Instead of assuming the worst in terms of motivation, assuming the worst in terms of ignorance, and then jumping to insults, inflammatory language, and personal put-downs, let's just assume the best about each other. There are ways of disagreeing that we all know how to use which don't involve petty personal shots at each other.

There is too much real drama going on in the world, we don't need to manufacture any false drama here.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

David Polich wrote:Well, your posts all made it look like you didn't want to solve your problem, just moan about it.
Your account obviously wasn't hacked, your password just stopped working. Ghost in the machine,
data wormhole, whatever. Everybody loses their password activations from time to time.

You got it sorted out. Not everyone has had the same experience with NI that you've had. Me, for instance, I've always had good luck with calling their tech support, including inquiries about their
website.
This is my next-to-last post here on this subject.

It's your opinion that you thought my posts made it look like I didn't want to solve it. My account WAS hacked because there were posts made using it that I never made - I mentioned that here. My password stopped working because someone changed it without my authorization.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

BKK-OZ wrote:Let's all just be a bit civil, eh?

Someone reported a concern/problem. Some people thought that there was no real problem. Then the thread kinda got bumpy, then way OT, now it's just silly.

Instead of assuming the worst in terms of motivation, assuming the worst in terms of ignorance, and then jumping to insults, inflammatory language, and personal put-downs, let's just assume the best about each other. There are ways of disagreeing that we all know how to use which don't involve petty personal shots at each other.

There is too much real drama going on in the world, we don't need to manufacture any false drama here.
This is my last post here on this subject.

Thanks BKK for the post - it's a much needed bit of fresh air. I had honest intentions when I started this thread and some took it down the wrong road.
billf

Post by billf »

musicman691 wrote:I had honest intentions when I started this thread and some took it down the wrong road.
It usually is not as terse around here as this thread played out, so please do give the place a second chance.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

billf wrote:
musicman691 wrote:I had honest intentions when I started this thread and some took it down the wrong road.
It usually is not as terse around here as this thread played out, so please do give the place a second chance.
I will, and you can take that to the bank. I won't let certain people here take me down.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

musicman691 wrote:

Thanks BKK for the post - it's a much needed bit of fresh air. I had honest intentions when I started this thread and some took it down the wrong road.
I also stepped in here and said that SOME people need to take intentions into account. I knew you had good intentions. I'm really disappointed with the turn this topic took and I'd refer some people back to the old thing your momma told you (or should have): "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." If you are annoyed by a posting, do us all a favor and just step back and don't post or come back when you're in a better mood. That's good advice and I know I could take it myself more often. I have friends and associates who have told me to never reply to an email, for example, in anger. Walk away... let some time pass so you're in a better frame of mind, and THEN reply.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I think everyone is forgetting what an incredibly witty Batman story we had back there. You don't get THAT over at Gearslutz! No extra charge, either! :mrgreen:

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Now you tell me there's no charge! I want a refund!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Now you tell me there's no charge! I want a refund!
You know who to talk to, but I wouldn't. Doris is still miffed she didn't get comped seats to your last performance.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

James Steele wrote:
musicman691 wrote:

I also stepped in here and said that SOME people need to take intentions into account. I knew you had good intentions. I'm really disappointed with the turn this topic took and I'd refer some people back to the old thing your momma told you (or should have): "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." If you are annoyed by a posting, do us all a favor and just step back and don't post or come back when you're in a better mood. That's good advice and I know I could take it myself more often. I have friends and associates who have told me to never reply to an email, for example, in anger. Walk away... let some time pass so you're in a better frame of mind, and THEN reply.
Thank you James for stepping in again. I know this forum is not your day gig and you shouldn't have to mind the kiddies but I guess it happens at times. I'm trying to be a good citizen here.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Now you tell me there's no charge! I want a refund!
No metaphysical charges! Of COURSE there's always the exchange of goods, services, or in your case, currency. We could not deprive you of the opportunity to help your fellow man by supplementing the less fortunate — a chance to be rid of some of that dirty old money lining your pockets. But your metaphysical pockets... they are overflowing with abundance! To pay or not to pay; THAT is the question! And you're far the more nobler a man for pondering it here with us! Heck, that's better than a refund. That's a BONUS!
  • :unicorn:
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|