Hashtag 1986 Mac Surfs Today's Internet

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Hashtag 1986 Mac Surfs Today's Internet

Post by Babz »

By golly, I'm not upgrading until I'm good and ready!

http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/issue-sec ... odern-web/
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Hashtag 1986 Mac Surfs Today's Internet

Post by Shooshie »

Steps for reconditioning the 128K, 512K, Mac Plus, Mac SE, and Classic Macs:

1) Using a Torx driver, open case
2) Using various tools, remove everything inside it
3) In the now-open window that used to be the Mac's 9" monochrome monitor, hold up an iPad in the hole
4) super-glue the iPad inside the chamfered edges of the case where the monitor used to go
5) Reassemble back of Mac, allowing a portal for the iPad's cord.

Done!
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Babz wrote:By golly, I'm not upgrading until I'm good and ready!

I got a kick out of that one Babs, but Shooshie's recommended approach appears to be superior. I can hear it now… "Look at my new touch-screen Mac!"

Do you still have that old Mac case around Shoosh?
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

HCMarkus wrote:
Babz wrote:By golly, I'm not upgrading until I'm good and ready!

I got a kick out of that one Babs, but Shooshie's recommended approach appears to be superior. I can hear it now… "Look at my new touch-screen Mac!"

Do you still have that old Mac case around Shoosh?
Indeed I do. It's got all the signatures in it. Heaven only knows what would happen if I plugged it in!
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|