How would you play a 2-hand keyboard part with 1 hand?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Kurt Cowling
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: How would you play a 3-hand keyboard part with 2 hands?

Post by Kurt Cowling »

The Mainstage plugin works very well. There's a "single" mode where every key triggers the same intervals in a parallel fashion and a "multi" mode where each key can trigger any notes you desire.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.
BobK
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: How would you play a 3-hand keyboard part with 2 hands?

Post by BobK »

Kurt Cowling wrote:The Mainstage plugin works very well. There's a "single" mode where every key triggers the same intervals in a parallel fashion and a "multi" mode where each key can trigger any notes you desire.
Yes! MIDI Chord Trigger in Multi mode was just what I needed. Great plugin, and the 'Learn' mode is simple to program. And it was hiding in plain sight! (I haven't spent much time learning MainStage...)

Thanks, Kurt.

And thanks, Shoosh, for the DP method. I'll look into it when I have a sec.
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4