Australia in Eurovision

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Australia in Eurovision

Post by bayswater »

This must be a mistake. Members from DU will have this stopped, right?

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio ... -live-blog
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
BKK-OZ

Re: Australia in Eurovision

Post by BKK-OZ »

Yer just jealous.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

You know they're just confusing you with Austria, don't you?
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:You know they're just confusing you with Austria, don't you?
Considering last year's winner from Austria, I'll not touch that.

I heard an interview last night where an Australian representative justified the move claiming that the country had more than enough Spandex per capita to be eligible.

OK... :rofl:
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:
bayswater wrote:You know they're just confusing you with Austria, don't you?
Considering last year's winner from Austria, I'll not touch that.
But that's exactly why they wanted them in. Serves them right. Wait until they see Nicky's marching band act.
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Gonna go out right now and stock up on glitter, spandex, and overblown crescendos.

Look out, we are on our way.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

BKK-OZ wrote:Gonna go out right now and stock up on glitter, spandex, and overblown crescendos.

This is one sure win over Britain. Might make up a bit for the other thing.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

BKK-OZ wrote:Gonna go out right now and stock up on glitter, spandex, and overblown crescendos.

I understand that you only have a few weeks. Time to get busy!
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

mikehalloran wrote:I understand that you only have a few weeks. Time to get busy!
I thought maybe I could enter one of my existing pieces, got the videos up on Vimeo and everything...

I wonder if my own kind of freaky, new-media, non-narrative, semi-abstract art is just what they are looking for. Maybe just sprinkle it with a bit of glitter.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

bayswater wrote:Wait until they see Nicky's marching band act.
And here is Canada's entry, Ralph singing O'Canada:

Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Celine is not available? Did anyone ask Anne Murray? Geddy Lee is washing his hair that day. Justin has been banned. I guess Ralph will have to do.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

What's next? France?

If Australia is allowed into the Eurovision contest, I think Canada should also be allowed in. And Argentina. Oh, and you can't have those without letting in South Africa. And don't forget all the islands like Bermuda, Bahamas, and the Caymans. Europe, it turns out, is a state of mind?
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Shooshie wrote:What's next? France?
Don't be silly.
France in Eurovision?
hmmph.

Next you will be suggesting that the World Series really is 'world' because there is one Canadian team in the league.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
davedempsey

Post by davedempsey »

Australia recently won the Asian Cup in soccer. Now it seems that Europe want us to win Eurovision (Melbourne is the second largest Greek city in the world - by population that is).
There's no need for you Yanks to get your knickers in a knot (at least not just yet) - can't see us doing quite so well at basketball, gridiron and baseball and we probably won't get a look in at any more Grammy awards - wouldn't want to upset Kanye :)
But, just in case, you probably should start learning a few choice Australian phrases like:
she'll be right mate
amber fluid
cost big bikkies
kangaroos loose in the top paddock
ridgy-didge
who opened their lunch?
Back on Eurovision - based on last years result I reckon we should send Dame Edna.
Over.
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying