Mackie DL32R

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Mackie DL32R

Post by Babz »

NAMM 15 Eye Catcher.

Could this be a gamechanger for Mackie? Obviously the larger screen iPads can't get here soon enough.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMCY3415a6U

Babz
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mackie DL32R

Post by HCMarkus »

I think I'd trust the new MOTU hardware more… MOTU drivers generally work, and work well. The new hardware is really sweet, too. Great conversion and the form factor is perfect for my needs, the 16A in particular.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Babz wrote:NAMM 15 Eye Catcher.

Could this be a gamechanger for Mackie? Obviously the larger screen iPads can't get here soon enough.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMCY3415a6U

Babz
If they ever get here at all. Anyone who knows for certain isn't talking.

Looks interesting, though. I agree with HC that the MOTU offerings excite me even more. The 112D looks awesome. The 16A, likewise.

Makes me miss my JLCooper CS-32. That put 32 sliders on a usb controller about the size of an iPad. I still have mine but there are no drivers that work past OS 10.6 (and I'm the one who figured out how to make them work past OS 10.4).
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Looks great, and what they say sounds great, but I worry about fully-wireless control in live situations. I guess I should just get used to it. It's what we all want, and it's not going away.

Still, there's one thing I wish all iPad apps would take into consideration: color. When showing us edge-to-edge faders, all identical, a little color coding would go a long way toward making that easy and intuitive, quick to find when under pressure. It's SOOO easy to grab the wrong one, especially when you're scrolling a horizontal list of like 40 faders. There needs to be a way to get around with landmarks that your eyes can quickly find. Few apps do this.

I'd be lost without color in DP. Really. People used to see me setting up colors in the tracks and would ask me why I spent time doing that. "Peace of mind" is what I'd tell them, but in fact the biggest gain was speed.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

I don't have a horse in this race but thought it was funny that the audio in the commercial (for a professional audio mixer) is quite distorted.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

AFAICT, Behringer X32rack already shows all of these features.

I use one on stage for more than a year, now.
To my standards, it's efficient, good sounding and reliable.
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...