NAMM 2015, DP9? speculations?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NAMM 2015, DP9? speculations?

Post by James Steele »

I haven't found anything officially released by MOTU... so I finally got around to posting my footage of it. It's rough and I skipped the details on MX4. Not everything is there, but most of it. Enjoy.

JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

cool...

thanks man
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

First off, THANK YOU JAMES!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
The custom consoles improvements look like they compete solidly with Lives' stuff and Automap!
Nice, it might be possible to just use my Novation as a MIDI controller in DP.
Tritonemusic wrote: I've only tried an older version of Live. Not sure how it sounds. I DO know that PT's pitch algorithm sounds great (to my ears). It's also very easy to work with.

Honestly, I don't want to purchase Live just for that. It should be a built-in feature in DP.
Live's pitch changing is still rudimentary compared to Auto Tune or Melodyne, it's Live's time stretching that's miles above the rest IMO.
Honestly for mono sources DP has IMO pretty good pitch algorithms I think..
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.