R.I.P. Joe Cocker

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
davedempsey
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

R.I.P. Joe Cocker

Post by davedempsey »

Joe Cocker, one of the greatest voices of our time, has passed away at age 70 following a battle with lung cancer. No longer in pain. Thank you for the glorious soulful music. "Such joy and happiness you bring".
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
HCMarkus

Re: R.I.P. Joe Cocker

Post by HCMarkus »

We're gonna' rock "Feelin' Allright" at rehearsal tonight Joe.
Shooshie

Re: R.I.P. Joe Cocker

Post by Shooshie »

My goodness! I didn't know he was still with us! I actually thought he died long, long ago. I must have confused someone else's death with his own. I feel like I'm saying RIP to a ghost from the distant past! No disrespect intended, and I'm sorry for his prolonged suffering and death. But it puts a strange perspective on it, in which I'm actually celebrating that he managed to live this much longer, at the same moment that I'm sympathizing with his passing.

That's not the first time this has happened to me in one of the RIP threads in this forum.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|