Battleheart: The Original Soundtrack

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Battleheart: The Original Soundtrack

Post by Gravity Jim »

My most successful recordings have been for the Battleheart series of iOS games, which have been heard by millions of gamers, and were produced entirely in DP 7 and 8. I even started getting fan letters from around the world, asking for MP3s of the main themes from the game. So here it is... Battleheart: The Original Soundtrack is now available at the iTunes Store, Amazon Music, and lots of other e-tailers. Click the link and check it out: http://bit.ly/1x2x3TW
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Shooshie

Re: Battleheart: The Original Soundtrack

Post by Shooshie »

Very nice! They all had things I could compliment, but I liked Thirsty Camel, for that was the name of a club my friends and I used to meet at nightly in Scottsdale, at the Phoenician Hotel. Some of the creatures that walked through that place would have fit that particular track very well. The Saudi Royal Family were living in that hotel and their staff and administration were often in the bar. Once, we overheard the chief of their version of the FBI discussing punishment over the phone for a crime committed in Saudi Arabia. He told them to give the guy the severest punishment for drinking alcohol. No, we didn't speak arabic. He TOLD us what he said. He was sitting at our table, enjoying a scotch and smoking a big cigar. What he was doing was illegal where he came from, and hypocritical as it sounds, he was still the chief of their police, so the punishment he ordered fit the crime, I guess. I tried not to think about it. Whew!

Thirsty Camel, indeed.

Congratulations on a very nice soundtrack and the success it's given you, not to mention its contributions to the game itself.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Thanks, Shooshie, for the positive stroke and the great story! (I used to hang in another bar called the Thirsty Camel, but nothing that colorful happened there, AFAIK.)
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I liked the tracks. I hope that you make a lot of the Green $tuff!
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I'm not expecting huge sales... Just did it for the landmark and the fans who asked. But you can blow 7 bucks if you feel it.
Jim Bordner