SampleTank3 Glitch

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

SampleTank3 Glitch

Post by bayswater »

If you updated SampleTank from V2 to V3, you will have seen the menu item to import existing sample libraries and instruments. When I did this, I thought pointing the importer to the main IKM folder containing all the libraries would result in all of them being imported. When I went back to delete the old library versions, I discovered that only Miroslav had been added to the V3 library.

I went back and imported all of the other libraries I have, one at a time. This worked, except in the case of Sonic Synth, where the import stalled with an error message.

IKM support replied to my query with this:

With Sonik Synth 2, you do have to remove one file:
I Elements B > G Groove Elements > 130BPM_ailing.sti

This is a known issue. It looks like some installers for SS2 placed this file, but there's no stip or stih file, so ST 3 just stops importing files when it gets to this one. Remove this SS2 file then retry.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Tobor

Re: SampleTank3 Glitch

Post by Tobor »

Thanks Bays!

I have only tried to import my old Miroslav library but was unsuccessful on first go and have not been able to try it again. A question here, since a lot if not most of the Miro library is already in ST3, how do the ST3 versions sound vs. the imported original library versions? I've been wondering as some of my favorite sounds from Mixed Orchestra sound slightly different but it could well be just me.

I am also wondering if some of the acoustic guitar sounds in ST3 are new or whether they draw on the Acoustic Guitar Sonic Capsule, which has been a fave. Since my actual samples for this and other capsule sets lie in another folder (with aliases), I wondered if the sounds will import.

In any case I'll probably keep my original versions of MIro and Sonic Synth since I occasionally go back to DP 7.24/32 bit for some legacy projects.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Thanks! I've not reloaded ST3 since switching to my SSD.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Well, just tried to import various libraries big and small and keep coming into a halt and a message that says 'Conversion Error' then "boost::filesystem::create_directory".

????
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Tobor, the only thing I can suggest is to be careful about where you tell it to find the existing library. On my old sample library setup, some instruments are at the main level, and others are buried in one or two levels. Other than that, a message to IKM support is called for. They answered me in about 12 hours.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

bayswater wrote:Tobor, the only thing I can suggest is to be careful about where you tell it to find the existing library. On my old sample library setup, some instruments are at the main level, and others are buried in one or two levels. Other than that, a message to IKM support is called for. They answered me in about 12 hours.
LOL I just finished a thread with them, I was having trouble trying to authorize the old 32 bit versions on my aging Macbook without having the old Authorization Wizard pop up each time I booted. Ended up successful but as long as I have the thread open, I'll ask them about this.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Thanks so much for this info; somehow I missed it the first time around.

I deleted my previous botched SampleTank 2 imports tonight, uninstalled SampleTank 3, re-installed the 3.5 data set, then reinstalled SampleTank 3.5.1 and from there I re-imported my SampleTank 2 libraries (Sonik Synth, Miroslav, SampleTron and SampleMoog).

Amazing how one little file could mess everything up! I analyzed that directory and didn't find any other potential glitches in the previous Sonik Synth 2 installation.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH