Getting samples off an Alesis QS

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
SixStringGeek
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Getting samples off an Alesis QS

Post by SixStringGeek »

Prime Mover wrote:So will it not run on newer OSes? Is that what I'm hearing? Sounds incredibly useful if there's some way I could get my hands on it.
I have Samplit http://www.cdxtract.com/samplit.php and it works quite well. If there are modulation effects, you can try disabling them to get unmodulated repeatable samples, then this thing will build patches for many common samplers out there, then you go in and recreate the modulation effects. Its a cool program and works well - you can specify the resolution from sampling every single key to every nth key.
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
daniel.sneed
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Getting samples off an Alesis QS

Post by daniel.sneed »

SixStringGeek wrote:[...]I have Samplit http://www.cdxtract.com/samplit.php and it works quite well. If there are modulation effects, you can try disabling them to get unmodulated repeatable samples, then this thing will build patches for many common samplers out there, then you go in and recreate the modulation effects. Its a cool program and works well - you can specify the resolution from sampling every single key to every nth key.
Thanks very much SixStringGeek. SAMPLIT is the one I've seen back in the days, and I was now looking for.
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...