Time Display idea: elapsed & segment length

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Time Display idea: elapsed & segment length

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Just a quick note while the idea is burring in my little mind...

It might be a very nice feature if DP could display (in addition to the wiper position from the start time of the sequence) the elapse time from the rewind start time of the segment to the wiper position, as well as the length from the rewind start time of the segment to stop time of the segment.

It would seem an easy calculation to make and would be extremely useful in post production to have that information. I'll submit it to MOTU, but I'm interested in what you guys think about it.

Cross posting in post-production since that's the likely audience for the feature..
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
stubbsonic

Re: Time Display idea: elapsed & segment length

Post by stubbsonic »

By "rewind start time" do you mean the time entered (by either rewinding, or otherwise cueing) into the counter before hitting play?

That does seem quite useful, indeed.

CURRENT TIME:
TIME REMAINING:
RELATIVE TIME (from cued start point):
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Time Display idea: elapsed & segment length

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Yeah, where the segment starts playing from being reset (optionally, of course) to zero regardless of the chunk start time. In post that would be a godsend for me. Setting cue sheets for BMI or ASCAP would also be a somewhat easier process. :unicorn:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS