TuneTracks 2 update?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
twistedtom
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

TuneTracks 2 update?

Post by twistedtom »

Has anyone got the Tune Tracks update, it looks kind of cool with the way it makes it easy to put songs together fast, I like the idea of tapping in a beat and having it find stuff the would work with the beats you tapped. I have Tune Tracks and SD, I mostly use SD for the richer sounding drums and the ability to change the way they sound. Having TT I can get the update for $99, just thinking about it now.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: TuneTracks 2 update?

Post by James Steele »

Do you mean Toontrack EZ Drummer 2? Yes... looks good! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I downloaded the demo and have been playing with it for a few days now, it rocks. It is so easy to use and fast, I can put a song together in no time and adjust it to my liking really fast. The new drums sound very good as well. You can drag a MIDI file into the search or tap a beat, or do a search and find a beat you like then drag it into the search finder and it will find beats similar or that would work well with what you have. Then you can use the song creator to put together a song real fast. You can choose between a number of beats it suggests or even have it do all the work for you, it actually does a good job of that. You can customize the song in many ways like how busy a drum is what lead drum how hard it hits and so forth. You can set up custom song structures or use a template they have, songs are broken into different parts such a verse and chorus, and they are color coded to make it easy to see what you are doing. They have effects in the mixer section as well. I am going to get it at Sweet Water as they have the upgrade for $10 less.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I bought it from SweetWater, well worth the price of admission.
Go check out the videos on it.