R.I.P Doc Neeson

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
davedempsey
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

R.I.P Doc Neeson

Post by davedempsey »

Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
David Polich

Re: R.I.P Doc Neeson

Post by David Polich »

You start as a teenager thinking being in a band is the coolest thing in the world. You wake up one day, you're in your sixties and you realize that overall, it was and still is one of the coolest things in the world. And that you're on the home stretch of that road you took, and it seems like you were only on it for the briefest of moments.

I saw him play at the Country Club in Reseda CA back in 1980. The band was billed as "Angel City" because they had to use that name while they were touring the U.S....some conflict with
another U.S. band's name. Loved their song "Marseilles". They were like a thinking man's AC/DC. Great show, and he was a mesmerizing performer.

The 2013 video of him reflecting on his life was very touching. 67 is too early to go.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
davedempsey

Post by davedempsey »

"Bought me a box of French cigars, bought me a black beret
Get my French from a girl next door, teaching me night & day
Got me thinking `bout the south of France, vis-a-vis vous
Pack my suitcase, take a chance -- got nothing to lose

Gimme the sound of the rolling dice
Gimme a whiskey, don't think twice
Deal me the card that takes my blues away
Take me away to Marseilles

Fast train, jet plane, money to burn, don't ask the reason why
Drinkin' champagne, playin' cool, don't even have to try
Got me thinking `bout the south of France, vis-a-vis vous
Pack my suitcase, take a chance -- got nothing to lose

Gimme the sound of the rolling dice
Gimme the whiskey, don't think twice
Deal me the card that takes my blues away
Take me away to Marseilles"

The Angels ruled the Aussie Pub Rock market for twenty years. They played hundreds of shows every year in packed beer halls all over the country. You're right David, Doc was a mesmerizing performer - he was explosively energetic and his every move seemed to focus all the audience energy in sync with the relentless rhythm of the band. We all used to say: "look like you sound" - that was Doc. Everything he did on stage just worked and, night after night, he took thousands of willing passengers on a wild rock'n'roll ride that they would come back for year after year whenever The Angels were in town.
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

'...am I ever gonna see your face again?'

and then the audience says...
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku