Any session guitar players in here?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Any session guitar players in here?

Post by FMiguelez »

Hello!

I would like to know if we have eclectic session guitar players in this forum.

What I would like is to work with new people who can record them in their own studio and send the files to me after approval, so I incorporate them to the rest of the production. Everything would obviously by done via email and video conference.

I'm particularly interested in people who have a lot of different guitars (like the little ones, such as Ukelele, Bolivian guitar, etc., and can play mostly any style).

Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Thank you!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Any session guitar players in here?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

That's why god invented musician unions. :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Ha!

If you saw our "union" you would probably cry...

There's talent in there, of course, but I had an experience with them bad enough for me to prefer seeking other people like this.
Also, a lot of the members there are mostly "hueseros", and they don't have studios and internet to record the music the way I need.

I'd like to have more choices :)
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Once upon a time...

On Saturday, my daughter announced to about 40 people that she went into the basement at one time and counted 53 instruments down there. I didn't bother saying I had at least 20 more upstairs at the time.

I still have a lute, oud, Philipine banduria, requinto etc. but my tiple, cuatro, Dobro mandolin, hammered dulcimer, some of my Autoharps and about ten of my banjos have been sold along with many of my guitars, basses and ukuleles. I am down to about 30, none of which I can play.

I even sold my piccolo banjo:

DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Well, they used to fly me down to Mexico City to play in the symphony when they needed a sax player. I can record things on sax, flute, and of course MIDI instruments using the Yamaha WX-5. But I'm certainly not a guitarist.

BTW, Bolero, in Mexico City, was always a thrill just to see which instruments would make it through their solos without f*cking up! But really, that's not unusual. Even the best of orchestras often have a few bad notes in Bolero, especially the entrance of the trombone solo.

My daughter, on the other hand, plays a mean guitar, and does Brazilian styles. (learned in Rio)

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|