MOTUNation inbox full. How to save PMs?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MOTUNation inbox full. How to save PMs?

Post by FMiguelez »

Hello.

There are certain PMs that I like saving. So far I've copy-pasted into text docs, or saved as Web Archive.

My inbox is full again, so I need to delete the old ones, and I wonder if there's a better way to do it? A Save selected messages as Text files, command that perhaps is right in front of my nose and I don't see it?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: MOTUNation inbox full. How to save PMs?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

My advice is just let them go. Delete. But that's just me. :) otherwise I think copying to text is probably your best option.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I have a similar problem. I don't know if I can increase the limit from 50. I'll take a look.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

There's a way to archive them. I don't remember what it is, but I've done it before, and the result was good. Just look around the controls a little.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

You can mark a message with the checkbox to the right and then put them in a "Saved Messages" folder. That said, 50 is kind of thin. I just checked the options and I can actually make them unlimited, but I'm not sure I want to do that, as I'm not sure how much more disk space that would consume eventually. I doubled the limit to 100 for now. :) "Doris" didn't want me to, but then she and I play good cop, bad cop. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

There's some way to export them, as to a database, or to Microsoft Excel.

Ok, I just looked. It's at the bottom of the messages window, in the form of a drop-down menu. It says "Export as..." and gives three options. I don't remember which option is best.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Thank you, James!

That'll take care of the problem for now. I usually delete them, but there are a few that, because of their nature, have a great deal of useful information that I'd like to keep for future reference.

[Edit]
Posted at the same time, Shooshie... I just say your post

I see that at the bottom left of the inbox messages list, there's a menu that lets you export as CSV (no idea what that is), CSV-Excel and XML. I'll monkey around with those to see what they do.

Doris is definitely a tough lady, especially when imparting financial discipline! Don't even think about approaching her when she's cranky!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

I suppose my only question is why you'd want to save those. :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I suppose my only question is why you'd want to save those. :)
Blackmail, of course!

:arrrr:
MIDI Life Crisis

Well then, I'm screwed!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS