Something NICE to do during lunch or a break...

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Something NICE to do during lunch or a break...

Post by FMiguelez »

Nice! Double trouble here....

Two of my favorite pianists playing together 4 hands 8)

If I were in Yuha's place, and Khatia looked at me like she does at 2:20, with this music, I'd have a heart attack right there on the spot :love: :love: :love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGShwX3krds

Who said aural and visual pleasure couldn't meet? :)

I am aware that a lot of people hate Khatia's (and even Yuha's) interpretations. Judging by the YT comments, which are downright abusive and ignorant, lots of folks really don't like her, but I do!
I admit she tends to play things too fast, and blur certain passages with her pedaling, but I really like the way she makes the piano sing (like the Chopin pinano sonata #2).

Some of those comments really make me sad...
–Is there a "true" way (objectively) that J.S. Bach or Beethoven are supposed to be played?
–Did they leave some kind of manual stating how their music must be interpreted? Bach didn't even bother with stating the instrumentation in lots of pieces, let alone many score markings... Isn't our knowledge of that based on other people's interpretations of how things were back in the day?
–Do her critics wish every pianist on the planet played that music THE SAME PREDICTABLE "PROPER" WAY??? If so, then we would only need ONE pianist in the world. And ONE violinist, and...
–Isn't an artist entitled to play a piece as she pleases, according to her understanding of the music and her current feelings or even her current fancy or eccentricity? We, as public, may or may not like it, but that's just that: An opinion. A subjective thing. And as we all know, opinions are like butt cheeks> We all have a couple of them (so yes, I'm showing you guys my butt with this thread :lol: ).

Also, if you don't know her, the page turner in the above link is Gvantsa Buniatishvili, Khatia's sister. And she plays the piano too. And she's so cute as well :love: :love: :love:

This is incorrectly presented as a concert for 2 pianos, but the original piece is for 2 violins and orchestra.
They take it too fast for my taste, but I still enjoy it a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYzcaY- ... redirect=1

And something more "country side":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-XrPCK7nQ0

What do you guys think??

Enjoy!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
stubbsonic

Re: Something NICE to do during lunch or a break...

Post by stubbsonic »

Delightful music. Impossible.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

FM you took the words from my mind, I liked the way they played.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I guess so.

I mean, I assume nobody wants to hear what I really think, so I'll be nice. They're pretty. I was enjoying the Brahms Hungarian Dance, but suddenly the girl playing lead vanished (Russian girl?) and we were listening to a Chopin Sonata. Just about the time I'd get adjusted to something, it disappeared, and we were on to something else. I guess that's what Classical Music has come to... no patience for entire tunes, but it's fun to be reminded of the themes and to remember that they are still there if someone wants to play them.

The Asian girl has tremendous technique, but she really doesn't express the romantics as I hear them. Very little distinction between statements and answers, and no rhythmic preparation or dynamic change for interjections of passion. But she's young and capable. Maybe someday she'll live a little and start hearing what is behind and between the notes.

Heck, I'm just glad that someone cares enough to still play this stuff. And it's nice that pretty girls are willing to do something that requires so much work and time spent alone, when they could more easily coast through life on their looks. They are good role models for women, though I'd encourage developing young artists to listen to more seasoned players.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|