Site flaky lately for anyone else, or is it just me?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Site flaky lately for anyone else, or is it just me?

Post by BKK-OZ »

I have hit a few errors lately accessing the site - I forget the specifics, but I have been getting the generic 'General...' fail screen on and off.

Maybe its because my dues aren't up to date?
I will get onto Doris first thing Monday morning to bring my account up to date, in the meantime, is it just me, or is anyone else hitting problems?
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Site flaky lately for anyone else, or is it just me?

Post by James Steele »

YES, YES, YES. There was a problem and it is resolve now. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Same here. Max users, general errors, etc since last night. I guess we are both behind on keeping out accounts up to date.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Well, it has been a long time since I talked to Doris so I will still look her up on Monday and make sure I am in front of my arrears.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I've learned that if we a re seeing it, James is seeing and doesn't need reminding that it's there. When he gets to it he gets to it. But it points up just how much we've come to rely on him and the site, so once again, THANK YOU MR. STEELE!

:unicorn: :woohoo: :unicorn:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I've learned that if we a re seeing it, James is seeing and doesn't need reminding that it's there. When he gets to it he gets to it.
I am well aware of that MLC, but I was wondering if it might be an Oz-related problem.

For example, Vimeo has been very flaky for Oztralians for quite awhile until a week or so ago. So thank you for pointing out what is obvious to you, its just that not everything that is obvious to you is the way it is, sometimes things are not as you see them.

And for the record, I wasn't hassling JS about this either, I didn't expect him to do anything in response to my post.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
MIDI Life Crisis

I was speaking generally, not about you or anyone else. Simply stating my experience.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Kind of hard to accept that you were just talking 'generally', when you jumped in on the thread that I started and you commented immediately after one of my posts.

But sure, if it was a general statement, that's fine, no harm no foul.

But maybe the next time you want to make a '...general statement...', unrelated to other's posts and threads, you could start your own thread, eh?
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
MIDI Life Crisis

Ouch! Cranky tonight. You don't have to believe me. The problem is yours.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Like I said, there is that 'Post new Topic' button up there for your convenience.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
MIDI Life Crisis

There's also a community. I don't know what you're problem is but you are do off base here. Surprising coming from you.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Yeah, community, and for better or for worse, I am part of it too.

If your original post here wasn't meant to directly chastise me for putting up this topic, then gee whiz, I am sorry for reading it that way, but it sure seemed that was what you were doing.

You tend to see things your way, through your lens (as, I guess, we all do).

You assume I am kranky.

I am not, I am in an exceedingly good mood, having just finished a huge piece of work, and I am feeling especially good now that the smoke haze and oppressive heat in my city have finally lifted with a magical, cleansing rain this morning.

You seem to think it is night-time everywhere, but where I am, it is a glorious late afternoon. So no, the situation is not always as you see it.

I am sorry that calling out your post and telling you that I don't need to be chastised by you has upset you somehow, but I think it quite reasonable that I read your original post to be that sort of statement. Forgive me if that was your way of praising the content in this topic, but honestly, I didn't think it was, I read that you were saying that I had no right to post the question 'is anyone else having problems with the site'.

So, no MLC, I do not have a problem, and if you don't have a problem either, that makes at least two people in the world who don't have problems right now and that is a good thing.

Now I am off to have a beer, because where I am, the night is just about to start.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
MIDI Life Crisis

Really man, it was NOT directed at you. It was TOTALLY in support of James. Believe it or not. Have a good beer and evening.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

It was the Bizzle.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

cuttime wrote:It was the Bizzle.
:rofl:

I am cranky tonight! Dam traffic and red lights got me stopping more than driving! :banghead:
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.