Yuja Wang: My Favorite pianist... Who's yours?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Yuja Wang: My Favorite pianist... Who's yours?

Post by FMiguelez »

Dan Worley wrote:
Thanks. Maybe I've heard his work and didn't know it. Would love to hear some of it.
+100000

I'd love to listen to some of it too!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Billy Joel, I got to watch him from the side of the stage up close, just a few feet away from him, he blew me away with his playing, and I love his music. Seeing him up close to where I could see his hands move may have boosted his ratings a bit. :wink:
I also agree with Oscar Peterson; in a slightly different jazz style, I like Diana Krall, mostly for the combination of her playing, singing and stage appearance.

While we are giving due praise to Frodo; I have never seen him play, but have seen him conduct a few times, his shows were very lively and well done. Frodo has a smile, warmth and is so personable when conducting, you can also see he is having a good time and he is lively, and this really adds to the rest of us having an enjoyable time. He said to me that what he did not want was to have people sleeping during his shows, he has achieved that and much more.
I want to add that Frodo is very humble person this is why he does not tell everyone who he is. I would not have even said what I have said if it were not for all the things that people here have already said. He is also a very personable man, with big feet, although he does wear shoes.
I was from Boston where I loved Arthur Fiedler, I think a good conductor engages the audience, by their actions and the music they select.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I will have to give your link an ear.
I have some recordings of Joe Pass and Oscar Peterson, good stuff!
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.