Justin Bieber in the news again.

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
twistedtom
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Justin Bieber in the news again.

Post by twistedtom »

I was reading something about you guys having a lack of rain, and there having been a bunch of fires down there.
I found this about the ocean being warm and it's effect on the drought your having.
https://theconversation.com/indian-ocea ... alia-20893

California is in one of the worst droughts they have had, I have read it is one of the worst in 500 years , this was ascertained from the study of tree rings. California has had fires in the winter when it is not so common. So JB's plane is not the only thing smoking, so is the air, but as you say it will not get you high.
In Oregon we have had one of the driest winters ever.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

I was reading some "news" today and read that Justin Bieber is now going by the name "Bizzle." I kid you not. I'm kind of embarrassed for being the one to deliver this exciting info, but I couldn't resist. :oops:
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

I heard also that the FAA maybe laying charges for some kind of endangerment for filling the plane up with smoke.
If so he'll end up doing time I hope they nail his dad as well.
I feel bad for the kid hes not getting proper guidance.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Justin Bieber in the news again.

Post by James Steele »

wylie1 wrote:...I hope they nail his dad as well.
I feel bad for the kid hes not getting proper guidance.
Bingo. Every time I hear the phrase "I'm my kid's 'friend' or 'best friend' I think to myself there's a parent who's not doing his job. If your kid isn't pissed off at you at some point or another, you're shirking your duty. Bieber's father seems to be indulging his own mid-life crisis at the expense of his son—and not just in the financial sense. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

James Steele wrote:Bieber's father seems to be indulging his own mid-life crisis at the expense of his son—and not just in the financial sense. :(
Please, James...he's Bizzle's father now.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Oops. Bizzle. Sigh.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

twistedtom wrote:I was reading something about you guys having a lack of rain, and there having been a bunch of fires down there.
I found this about the ocean being warm and it's effect on the drought your having.
https://theconversation.com/indian-ocea ... alia-20893

California is in one of the worst droughts they have had, I have read it is one of the worst in 500 years , this was ascertained from the study of tree rings. California has had fires in the winter when it is not so common. So JB's plane is not the only thing smoking, so is the air, but as you say it will not get you high.
In Oregon we have had one of the driest winters ever.
I had been thinking about moving to Oregon for awhile, until I bumped into an old girlfriend (eeke! she isn't old, it is the relationship that is old!) and am now re-considering my plans. I guess the world over is going through some pretty dramatic changes from the weather - the cold in the north, flooding in the UK, etc. Maybe we are just more aware, maybe things are really changing fast, either way, I feel for people doing it tough everywhere.

Here in Oz it has been a long hot summer - days and days in a row at or above 100 (in FH), all very hot and uncomfortable, with the morgues in a couple of cities filling up with the elderly and frail who can't cope with the extremes.

Makes me think that Bizzle ought to figure out how he can use his power for good, instead of for just being silly, or sizzle as the case may be. Maybe he will end up with a good-behaviour bond with some volunteer work required, in a setting where he will be confronted with people who are not as fortunate.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

Yesterday it was colder in Atlanta Georgia then it was here in Toronto.
Don't remember any thing like that before.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Let's see: Bizzle rhymes with drizzle, which is something it hasn't been doing much of lately. It also rhymes with fizzle, which might describe the trajectory of said "artist's" career.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

And given how much $$$ he has made at such a young age I'm sure he's crying all the way to Juvi.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

James Steele wrote:If your kid isn't pissed off at you at some point or another, you're shirking your duty.
That's funny. Just last night my daughter got her TV privileges taken away for turning in a homework assignment late and she said to me, "I hate you."
I replied, "I'll take that as a compliment. It means I must be doing a good job as a parent!"

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

I thought my Dad was the meanest person in the world when I was a kid.
Sometime around 20 or so a light went on in my head and I understood what it was all about.
Today I'm grateful he was as tough as he was.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

wylie1 wrote:I thought my Dad was the meanest person in the world when I was a kid.
Sometime around 20 or so a light went on in my head and I understood what it was all about.
Today I'm grateful he was as tough as he was.
Exactly. There's a saying I really like that goes something like "the older I get, the smarter my father seems to become."

BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Article in the Guardian saying it is unfair to compare Shirley Temple with the Bizzelator.

Riding in a Stutz Bearcat, Jim
Those were different times
All the poets studied rules of verse
And the ladies, they rolled their eyes.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

I just can't believe grown men are wasting their time talking about this kid.

Hey, can you believe Deep Purple is not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? Now THAT is a crime and something worth complaining about. :mumble: :brucelee:

Okay, back to the gossip page, I guess. :wink:
DP10.13