Justin Bieber in the news again.

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Justin Bieber in the news again.

Post by James Steele »

Yeah well apparently the pilots who had to wear the oxygen masks so they could continue to fly the plane safely AND not risk failing a drug test and risking their pilot's licenses didn't appreciate it. Oh Canada! You gave us RUSH, but this guy????
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Where the hell is the like button when you need it? I'll be 60 in March and some of my contemporaries still partake...
Umm,your contemporaries??? ;-)
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

This is my issue with legalization. Second hand pot smoke can get someone high who may not want to or even put that person as well as those around them in life threatening and job threatening situations. That aspect has not been addressed in any discussions or debates I've heard yet.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:This is my issue with legalization. Second hand pot smoke can get someone high who may not want to or even put that person as well as those around them in life threatening and job threatening situations. That aspect has not been addressed in any discussions or debates I've heard yet.

I wish that'd work for me,I need the 1st hand experience all the way! ;-)
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Politics warning! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

The real problem I see with all of this is, and if you take a look around common sense is disappearing and I think TV is driving it.
We're on the road to de-evolution.
If you want real news watch the Weather Network, Mother Earth should be on the front page not Bieber.
Last edited by wylie1 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

So true! :shake:
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Weed is legal in Washington, just across the river from us, I don't like it, and have no intentions of smoking it; it even smells bad to me, like skunks. I am sure there will be some weed tourism ahead for the heads. Maybe J B will spend time in Washington and Colorado. :roll:
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

I don't see any big deal with it but people have to use a little common sense and respect for others.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
MIDI Life Crisis

Justin Bieber in the news again.

For that matter, second hand smoke from cigarettes are equally offensive and potentially as harmful in the long term.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

My whole city is shrouded in smoke, has been for the past couple of days, and will be for the next few days. Bush fires raging all 'round. Yuck.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:For that matter, second hand smoke from cigarettes are equally offensive and potentially as harmful in the long term.

2nd hand cigarette smoke is way more harmful than weed.
There has never been any case of cancer, emphysema etc... Caused by smoking herb. ;-)
MIDI Life Crisis

There are certainly harmful ingredients in any smoke. With tobacco it's more constantly in use by an addict. Also, tobacco is physically addictive while pot is not. It's a thorny set of issues but regardless, the walls seem to be tumbling down on the illegality, leaving law enforcement to deal with more serious and violent crimes. Always keep in mind that regardless of state law, it's still illegal on the federal level. You can still go to the big house.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

BKK-OZ wrote:My whole city is shrouded in smoke, has been for the past couple of days, and will be for the next few days. Bush fires raging all 'round. Yuck.
Are they pot farms? If so the whole city would grind to a halt and everone would be listening to music and eating munchies. :mrgreen:
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

twistedtom wrote:
BKK-OZ wrote:My whole city is shrouded in smoke, has been for the past couple of days, and will be for the next few days. Bush fires raging all 'round. Yuck.
Are they pot farms? If so the whole city would grind to a halt and everone would be listening to music and eating munchies. :mrgreen:
Alas, just trees, grass (the standard kind!), people's farms and houses, some wildlife... nothing that is going to get anyone high, just stuff that makes us all pretty low.

:( :( :( :(

and the smoke is making me sick, my asthma has been pretty terrible...
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku