Siri is smart

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
tremo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Siri is smart

Post by tremo »

The latest issue of the Brown University Alumni Magazine has a little article on the "real" Siri:

http://www.brownalumnimagazine.com/cont ... w/3594/32/
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 14.3.1 | 828es | M4 | DP 10.13 | Studio One 6.5 | Logic 10.8
nick danger
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Siri is smart

Post by nick danger »

In my much previous life as a graduate student in linguistics, my focus was speech/language recognition. That was 30 some years ago, and I predicted to my colleagues that it'd be twenty or more years before anything useful was developed. I didn't feel that quixotic about it, so moved on to other things.

My prediction turned out to be fairly accurate, but I didn't think that anything like Siri on such a small device as an iPhone would happen till Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock were going to places no one had gone before.
iMac 2.66 GHz Intel core 2 duo, 8 gb ram running 10.11.6; 17" Macbook Pro 8,3, 2.5 GHz Core I7, 16 GB ram running 10.13.6; DP 8.07; 8pre-es; 828mkII; 828mkI; microbook II, Behringer ADA8000, Black Lion Auteur 2-Ch. Pre-Amp