Anybody know where I can download an Altiverb IR for this?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
SixStringGeek
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Anybody know where I can download an Altiverb IR for this?

Post by SixStringGeek »

DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
HCMarkus

Re: Anybody know where I can download an Altiverb IR for thi

Post by HCMarkus »

I looooooooooooooove this!
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

That soundcloud audio seems like it would work as an IR. You could use Jack or AudioHijack Pro to grab it. It's unclear what the copyright might be on it.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I want to hear the last chord from "A Day in the Life" through that.
Last edited by mikehalloran on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

It is a mono file up there on Soundcloud.

But if we're being honest, beyond a certain point it isn't the length of the reverb that really matters. 8)
I think some reverbs (wizoo, HOFA) can create quite glorious spaces that could be set to last this long.

I recently got to visit a huge water tank with something like a 30-second reverb. There are some features about this tank that give it especially impressive & amazing sound. The experience was of course enhanced by the full surround, the stunning visual effect of being there, and the oddness of the circumstances surrounding my getting there and getting in.

I can only imagine that those tunnels must have a similarly glorious set of additional sensory inputs.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Audio Ease has provided some IR's that approach this. "World's Largest
Spring Reverb" and "Gas Holder, Sneek, Netherlands" are two of them.
There is also a collection of underground cavern impulses,sewer cisterns, a couple of bus tunnels, the Taj Mahal, etc.

Audio Ease may very well be planning to record impulses from the site in the link.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

That IR is gonna take some space on the HD!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

stubbsonic wrote:But if we're being honest, beyond a certain point it isn't the length of the reverb that really matters. 8)
True enough. It's not the reverb, it's how well you use it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

James Steele wrote:
stubbsonic wrote:But if we're being honest, beyond a certain point it isn't the length of the reverb that really matters. 8)
:lol:
stubbsonic wrote:The experience was of course enhanced by the full surround, the stunning visual effect of being there, and the oddness of the circumstances surrounding my getting there and getting in.
So true.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

James Steele wrote:
:lol:
stubbsonic wrote:The experience was of course enhanced by the full surround, the stunning visual effect of being there, and the oddness of the circumstances surrounding my getting there and getting in.
So true... no matter what the context!
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Does convolution require more CPU with longer IRs?

I've not heard of this, but it seems that physical modeling synthesis could be used specifically to create IR's. It would be interesting to be able to fully model a VERY large virtual space with shape & surfaces designed for only the desired reverb.

Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Are we still talking about reverbs?
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|