Hey, I'm starting to get suspicious

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Dan Worley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Hey, I'm starting to get suspicious

Post by Dan Worley »

Why is it that all the long-time members of this forum joined it 1 minute after the hour? That's a little too weird for me. Are you all time synced from the future or something? What are you guys plotting, or do you even actually exist?
DP10.13
BKK-OZ

Re: Hey, I'm starting to get suspicious

Post by BKK-OZ »

It is indeed unfortunate that you noticed this, now I am afraid that you will have to be dealt with for being so curious. Curiosity killed the...
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

You got me laughing on that. Yes it is a conspiracy. Or, when James changed forum hosts we were all brought over at the same time.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yeah... I have no reason why that is the case. Very strange. Maybe there's something on the phpbb.com board about that. If I were curious... I'd go look. However, if curiosity killed the cat, I'm obviously a dog when it comes to this issue. :mrgreen:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

That's it lads, try to put him off the scent, we don't want him discovering the real truth, wouldn't be good for anyone.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Because that's when they turn legal.

Didn't the board have a bit of an overhaul several years ago? I remember some messages lost, for a while at least. Maybe the reset changed everything timelier on existing accounts.

What a ripoff!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Could be that all new members get registered at midnight, and the hour is just some timezone offset?
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Yeah, I seem to recall some sort of board shut down or somethin like that and James had to go through contortions to get it all back. Could have something to do with that...or not.

There was also a period early on, when the board went down for a while and I didn't check back here for several months. When I finally got back on board, I had forgotten my password, so I logged on as a new member and used my real name instead of the origin alias. So my date is off by a bit anyway. Not that that has anything to do with the topic at hand, it just made me remember that. :? I'll shut up now.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

Sure guys. If you say so.
DP10.13
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

paranoia strikes deep
into your life it will creep
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

This account has been terminated. ______________________________________________________________________________
DP10.13
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

James, better get Doris to send the boys 'round to his house, looks like we have some work to do here...
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku