16 year old does Blue Christmas

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
wylie1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

16 year old does Blue Christmas

Post by wylie1 »

It being close to Christmas and all I thought this was pretty good.
The DJ ruined it though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VwWRpIinxs
Last edited by wylie1 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
groove

Re: 16 year old does Blue Christams

Post by groove »

Man the guy is only 16!
And to sing a song from the period before Elvis became a caricature of himself, hats off!!

Yes the DJ ruined it, but I'm sure she had to cut it to return to normal programming; i.e. 5 minutes of advertising for every 2 minutes of radio!!! :lol:
---------
iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Xeon E5, 64GB ram OS X 10.15.7, UA Apollo 8 Quad + Satellite Quad, UA 2192, Waves V12, LASS Full, VSL, Korg MS-20, Elektron A4, Moog SlimPhatty, NI Komplete13, ROLI, Soundtoys 5, Arturia V Collection, GForce Oddity, Serum.
Phil O

Re: 16 year old does Blue Christams

Post by Phil O »

I always have mixed feelings about impersonators. On one hand I find trying to be just like someone else a bit distasteful. On the other hand I'm compelled to acknowledge when someone does a really good impersonation and I appreciate the skill involved.

If he's doing it as an impersonation, bravo. If he wants do sing just like Elvis, I feel sorry for the kid.

BTW, Wylie. Typo - Christams.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Prime Mover

Re: 16 year old does Blue Christmas

Post by Prime Mover »

We have this crazy punk band in town called The Avery Wolves where all of the guy have these Elvis hair styles and the lead vocalist kinda sounds like Elvis, but they're playing crazy heavy rock. They call their style "Psycho Billy", I think it's funny as hell. Lead singer plays a bright blue 1/2 scale upright bass, often playing it on it's side and standing on it. Drummer plays standing up, looks like he's about to get into a bar fight with the audience at all times. Now THAT'S a good use of drawing on an old common style.

Oh, and I do a mean Tom Waits, but with my own tunes.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy