Problems with IAC MIDI bus

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
motubob
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Problems with IAC MIDI bus

Post by motubob »

I posted this over a month ago in the troubleshooting section, and although 70 people red it, nobody came up with a comment. Anyone else have this problem?

I use Steinberg´s Virtual Guitarist in rewire mode, as it´s incompatible as a plug in with DP8 running at 64 bits. So I send MIDI to VG via an IAC MIDI bus. What is really weird is that any other normal MIDI track that is in record ready receives the MIDI signal being sent on the IAC bus. This is driving me nuts as it means that I have to turn off the Virtual Guitarist track every time I want to record on another. Any ideas or suggestions, please?
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Problems with IAC MIDI bus

Post by NazRat »

Try turning on Multirecord and select the input for the MIDI track you are recording as a work around. Haven't tried it with IAC so not sure.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
Prime Mover
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Problems with IAC MIDI bus

Post by Prime Mover »

Have a look at jBridgeM (I'm assuming this plugin is a 32bit VST). Stupid cheap way to run 32bit VSTs in 64bit hosts. As I'm sure you'd rather be running this inside DP8, have at it.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy