Waves FREE One Knob Louder and Renaissance Bass plugin

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Waves FREE One Knob Louder and Renaissance Bass plugin

Post by Babz »

I don't use anything Waves. But last year on Black Friday I got an email offering a FREE Once Knob Louder plugin and this year it was a FREE Renaissance Bass plugin. I try to not gum up my system with too many free or demo plugins, so I never bothered to download and register these plugins. But they just sent me an email w/ the serial numbers, telling me they are still available, all I have to do is register.

Anybody use these? Are they worth the trouble? Do they require iLok or anything? Would you go for it?

Thx,
Babz
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Waves FREE One Knob Louder and Renaissance Bass plugin

Post by cuttime »

I just got the Ren bass. No iLok needed. It does what it is supposed to do, and could be useful in a variety of circumstances, even though it is a very old plug. Perhaps the manual will help you decide:
http://www.waves.com/1lib/pdf/plugins/r ... e-bass.pdf
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

If you're not finished spending money you don't have, Waves has a lot of specials going on today as well.

I went nuts two years ago on Waves specials and am set at the moment.

But if I didn't have any Waves, knowing what I know now and have used the most, I would jump on the CLA Artist Collection and the Manny Marroquin Collection, $129 and $149 respectively today only, basically as low as they go. That new Dave ? Collection would also be high on the list, since it has the C6, Hybrid Delay (fantastic), and L3 Multimaximizer among others.

Babz, you play bass, right? The CLA Bass module in the Artist Collection is really, really nice.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I think Ren Bass is very useful, and well worth the effort of downloading. If you have a bass track that needs a lot of work, you can get a passable sound and come back to it when you figure out what to do. If you set it around 120 Hz, it will make almost anything sound like Sir Paul.

I got Oneknob Louder at last year's spending frenzy. It doesn't seem to do anything that you can't do with a million other plugins.

The downside of a free waves plugin is the WUP fee which is set wherever it would be if you paid full retail.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Babz »

Tobor wrote: Babz, you play bass, right? The CLA Bass module in the Artist Collection is really, really nice.
Well, I mean, I own a bass (nice Fender Jazz bass) but only play it when I have to, if I can't get someone else to play bass (which unfortunately is most of the time), but it would be an exaggeration to call me a proper "bass player". I really should spend some time mastering the Scarbee basses, because they sound so freaking great in his demos.

But, WUP. Yes, now I remember why I don't use anything Waves.

Babz