Re: Roland D20

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Phil O »

I hear ya, Michael. This is a really good situation, though. Lots of work, decent pay, and a great bunch of people to work with. I'm also getting exposed to an unfamiliar musical genre, so I'm growing musically (which is the best part).

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'm only half kidding, but I do have a problem with authority... except, James, of course. He's the boss here. Reminds me of the New Yorker cartoon of a poor street musician doing terribly. He says: "I'd leave if the acoustics weren't so good."

... I also wish I was taller. ~ The Pig (you gotta know Seinfeld)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Yeah, I've been self-employed for over 30 years now. This transition is not an easy one. But, like I said, the job has some perqs. This guy on keys is a joy to work with, and the work ethic in this band is too good to be true. I too said I'd never work for anyone else again, but this was an offer I couldn't refuse. But of course, I haven't ruled out the possibility that it could turn to s*%t at any given moment. So, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.