Unable to Access MOTUnation via Tapatalk

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Unable to Access MOTUnation via Tapatalk

Post by Babz »

Yesterday I tried to access this forum via the Tapatalk app on my iOS device and I got the following message:

"The forum you are visiting is temporarily closed, please try again later."

The problem has persisted for over 24 hours now.

However, I have no problem accessing the forum via a web browser on my Mac, and the forum does not appear to be down in any way. Is anyone else having this problem?

Up till now, I've never had problems reading the forum with Tapatalk.

Best,
Babz
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Unable to Access MOTUnation via Tapatalk

Post by cuttime »

Just tried it and it is working OK for me, but I am using the older, pre-free version of Tapatalk (1.17.1). I never updated the app because it got such horrible reviews. Do you have the older version to revert to?
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'm on the current version (it's been much improved since the horrible reviews) and it's working fine here.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Babz

Post by Babz »

I'm using TapatalkRO v. 1.6 (free older version), and I just checked again and I'm still getting the same error. Strange how this suddenly started happening. Maybe rebooting the iPod Touch will help?

Babz
Babz

Post by Babz »

Nope. Rebooting the iOS device didn't help.

Well, I guess it is something about my version of the app and device.

I'm using an older 2nd gen. iPod Touch, iOS 4.2.1 (which is the highest you can go on this device). It has worked fine up until now. I wonder what changed?

B.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Can you go into the network setting on the device and Renew Lease (usually in the bottom if the page or advanced setting).
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Working here. I don't know why you'd be having problems.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Babz

Post by Babz »

Renew lease didn't help.

I could try with a different WiFi hotspot, next time I'm out at a Starbucks or something.

I could try removing and reinstalling the app.

Can't think of much else to try. :cry:
Babz

Post by Babz »

UPDATE:

I googled the error message and found this is a fairly common problem. I found a forum post where the developer, "Yao," recommends enabling the "SFR Support" option in the Tapatalk settings, and that seems to have fixed the issue for me. However, it didn't fix it for the person in the forum, apparently.

https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/th ... osed.2637/

Yao says: "The setting is used for some special network. " So, I guess we at MOTUNation should consider ourselves "special" in some sense. :mrgreen:

At any rate, issue RESOLVED for me, for now....

Best,
Babz
Babz

Post by Babz »

Actually, NOT really resolved.

I went back today and got the same error message again.

I went into the Settings and toggled on and off the SFR setting a few times, and eventually it went through, but it took several minutes.

Something is still up.

B.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Babz wrote:Actually, NOT really resolved.

I went back today and got the same error message again.

I went into the Settings and toggled on and off the SFR setting a few times, and eventually it went through, but it took several minutes.

Something is still up.

B.
To be honest, as I've said many times here, I'm not a codehead or any sort of genius at running a board like this. When stuff like that breaks for one or two people but it's working for most people, I just sort of have to shrug my shoulders about it. I don't have enough time to try and suss this stuff out unfortunately.

The Tapatalk functionality has to be installed into the board software and it's working fine for me, however it is not the most current version. I attempted to install the most current version of Tapatalk according to their explicit instructions and the installation failed with absolutely no rhyme or reason. However the older version seems to be working just fine. I access this site daily with Tapatalk both on my iPad2 and my iPhone 4. So I'm not sure what's going on.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!