Dear Fellow MOTU Maniacs - A Dream List

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
screws
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Dear Fellow MOTU Maniacs - A Dream List

Post by screws »

Dear Fellow MOTU Maniacs,

Not a complaint list, more like a dream list. I've been a hooked user since 1987 on a Mac LC, but it seems like we're just a firmware/software upgrade away from these dreams being realized.

1) I'd love to use my Korg NanoKontrol to control MW Equalizer and MW Leveler and others like Live Room G. Real knobs make a huge difference in mixing and tuning stuff, at least to me.

2) I'd buy an 828mk3 in a nano-second if I could use a control surface to make it into a true digital mixer for live use, with real time eq, compression and FX control. Real knobs again.

3) When I crash the program and it asks to send you a report, could it also tell me a few ideas about what caused the crash? Software conflicts, buggy plugins, making moves too quickly. This may be overly naive on my part, but if it's reporting something worthwhile to the techs maybe there's info that's worthwhile for me to know as well.

Everyone feel free to comment and even post your MOTU dreams. Perhaps we could send a Dream List to MOTU - ya never know!
Last edited by screws on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Cruz
Cruzified Music Productions
Florida
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Dear MOTU...

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Dear Steve,

While MOTU employees lurk here, your best effort is to actually contact MOTU since this board is not connected to the company in any official way and any suggestions posted here, however well founded, will likely not be responded to or probably not acted on.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
screws

Post by screws »

Thanks MLC,

I've connected with MOTU about the 828/control surface idea, at first asking if it was currently possible and later asking if it was something they might consider. Their response was they would talk to the software design guys, which is cool.

My reason for this post was probably slightly veiled by my addressing it to MOTU rather than my fellow users. I wanted to see if others might chime in if they thought these were good ideas. I'd especially love to work some of the plugins' knobs from a control surface and wonder if others thought that was something important (or very desirable) as well.

So I ask, fellow MOTU users, would you add your comments here about these or other ideas that might make DP and other MOTU products not just better, but way over the top in the market?
Steve Cruz
Cruzified Music Productions
Florida
MIDI Life Crisis

We're a dogmatic bunch... ☺ If we read "Dear MOTU" we assume you mean "Dear MOTU." OTOH, if you write "Dear Members" or leave that blank you'll probably get a s##tload of responses - especially if the title of the thread is "as is."

I am certain you will find fellow members with the same desires as you expresses and perhaps a few workarounds. Get their attention by titling the thread with the primary device(s) and a hint of the problem and someone will very likely jump in.

You can edit the title of the thread by editing your initial post and at the same time, edit the title section, or just start another thread. My purpose, is not to bitch about your choice of topic titles, etc., but to get you some answers from the other members who may have simply skipped over the initial post. If they are anything like me, they're usually in and out of here fast and ignore anything that doesn't seem relevant to they initial projects and problems.

Mike
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

ps- Love your company name!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS