Email notifications misfiring?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Email notifications misfiring?

Post by bayswater »

For the past three weeks or so, email notifications that a new post on a thread I'm following have been a bit erratic. Sometimes I get them right away, sometimes 2-3 days after the post, sometimes I get the same notification several times, sometimes not at all. Generally, the "since your last visit" rule doesn't seem to apply at all.

Is this just my imagination?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Email notifications misfiring?

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:For the past three weeks or so, email notifications that a new post on a thread I'm following have been a bit erratic. Sometimes I get them right away, sometimes 2-3 days after the post, sometimes I get the same notification several times, sometimes not at all. Generally, the "since your last visit" rule doesn't seem to apply at all.

Don't know. I've been getting them. I'd just come check new posts here. the beauty of me not charging for this site (which is really a hobby) is that at the end of the day, in response to posts like this, I get to shrug my shoulders and say "Oh... sorry." :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote:
bayswater wrote:For the past three weeks or so, email notifications that a new post on a thread I'm following have been a bit erratic. Sometimes I get them right away, sometimes 2-3 days after the post, sometimes I get the same notification several times, sometimes not at all. Generally, the "since your last visit" rule doesn't seem to apply at all.

Don't know. I've been getting them. I'd just come check new posts here. the beauty of me not charging for this site (which is really a hobby) is that at the end of the day, in response to posts like this, I get to shrug my shoulders and say "Oh... sorry." :)
I wasn't asking you to fix the site. Obviously I can live with it as it is, but if there is some fix I can do, I'd like to know. I tried turning email notifications off and on again and that didn't do it.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I think if you delete your board email prefs and re-establish then it should fix it.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:
James Steele wrote:

I wasn't asking you to fix the site. Obviously I can live with it as it is, but if there is some fix I can do, I'd like to know. I tried turning email notifications off and on again and that didn't do it.
I know you weren't. That's simply my pre-emptive explanation for people who might be new to the board and see the post. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I think if you delete your board email prefs and re-establish then it should fix it.
Will do.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

You might have to log out and in again. I had this problem and a hobbit friend turned me on to the fix.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS