where to download Mountain Lion?[RESOLVED]

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
kgdrum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: where to download Mountain Lion?

Post by kgdrum »

David Polich wrote:Does anyone know where to download OSX 10.8.5? It's no longer available
on the app store.

I'd like to upgrade my Mac Pro from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion, not Mavericks.

Sometimes if you contact Apple tech support directly they will send you a link to access.
They did that for me a few months ago for iTunes 10 after it disappeared from the App Store with the release of iTunes 11.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
adriano

Post by adriano »

David Polich wrote:
bayswater wrote:Maybe this will help with Mountain Lion

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/10/ ... ion-for-20
Yes, that helps a lot. I've ordered ML from Apple. Sucks because I already
paid for it some months ago when I upgraded my MacBook, but there seems to
be no way to download now from the app store, even though ML is listed in
my purchases.

Anyway, thanks for the link!
Hi David,

On my son's computer there's ML installed from when I updated it for him. After reading your post, I had to check this out and it worked. I looked in the purchased tab and it said download. I clicked on and it re-download ML not 10.8.5 (latest), but 10.8.2.
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.9.5
DP 8.07, 828MKIII, Keys-Fantom X8, XV-88. Key

SampleTank v2.5.4, Miroslav Philharmonik v1.1.2, SampleMoog v1.02, SampleTron v1.02, Sonik Synth 2 v2.1.1, Independence Pro v3.2.0126, EZDrummer 1.4, MDrummer Large 5.02, Komplete U9, Orchestral Essential 1, Orchestral Essential 2, Complete Orchestral Collection

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
adriano

Post by adriano »

David, try this, it might work…

Launch the Mac App Store and hold down the “Option” while clicking on the “Purchases” tab

Hope it helps

Adriano
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.9.5
DP 8.07, 828MKIII, Keys-Fantom X8, XV-88. Key

SampleTank v2.5.4, Miroslav Philharmonik v1.1.2, SampleMoog v1.02, SampleTron v1.02, Sonik Synth 2 v2.1.1, Independence Pro v3.2.0126, EZDrummer 1.4, MDrummer Large 5.02, Komplete U9, Orchestral Essential 1, Orchestral Essential 2, Complete Orchestral Collection

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
David Polich

Re: where to download Mountain Lion?[RESOLVED]

Post by David Polich »

adriano wrote:David, try this, it might work…

Launch the Mac App Store and hold down the “Option” while clicking on the “Purchases” tab

Hope it helps

Adriano
Thanks much! I tried that but it didn't work. However, after purchasing
Mountain Lion from the well-hidden Apple Store link, I received my redemption code today and am now in the process of downloading ML onto
my desktop. So I'm marking the issue as resolved.

For anyone who missed it - here's the link to purchase and download Mountain
Lion:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/D6377 ... ntain-lion
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
mhschmieder

Re: where to download Mountain Lion?[RESOLVED]

Post by mhschmieder »

SoundToys released a Mavericks-compatible update today; just got their email. I think we've all been expecting a 64-bit update from IK Multimedia for some time regarding SampleTank, but hopefully they'll still prioritize any compatibility issues with the ones they've already ported such as AmpliTube and T-RackS.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH