RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! :)

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! :)

Post by James Steele »

I have to root for the Red Sox. It's my dad's favorite team and it's also the home team for our friends at MOTU! So Go Sox!!! Series is tied up! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Red Sox tie it up, 2-2!

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

... and what a fun series it is. From the first couple of innings to the last out tonight. I could do without the beards. At least trim them for the series!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:... and what a fun series it is. From the first couple of innings to the last out tonight. I could do without the beards. At least trim them for the series!
Yeah... I had to Google the beards. I guess it's superstition. Looks terrible... LOL

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

Maybe they do it to annoy the other team? Dang, when I was a kid you'd NEVER see Mantle, or Drysdale, or Koufax, et al, looking anything like that! They look like freakin' trolls and I sometimes find myself watch the freakin' beard more than the play.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I'm not a major baseball fan to be honest. But I read that one guy came to training camp with one and wore it early in the season or something and they started winning and the other guys did the same. Most baseball players, from what I've heard, are extremely superstitious.

kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

I'm a diehard Baseball/NY Yankee fan but truth be told I love the Red Sox,a great team and a great World Series!!
The Cardinals are also a great team,IMO this is one of the best WS's in a very very long time........

David Ortiz what a monster! ;-)

I haven't trimmed my goatee in a while a guess I'm a confused NY Red Sox fanboy,lol
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MIDI Life Crisis

I pretty much watch the playoffs & the series and that's usually all I can stand. I kind of liked the days of Mantle, Drysdale, Koufax, Ford, et al. And the gum, OMG, the gum in those packs of baseball cards. :) They sure sounded good in the spokes of my bicycle.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

By the time the game got to the 7th inning tonight (Sunday) I was nearly out of my mind. There weren't enough peanuts and Cracker Jacks in the entire universe to keep me in my seat.

Okay, so I thought the first game was amazing and the second game was a worthy answer to it.

Cbergm-- are you listening?

I missed the third game because life got in the way. (rackin frackit...)

Game 4? My biggest problem was that I was flipping between the World Series and the Packers/Vikings game. Whoever invented the split screen deserves a Nobel Prize.

So now with the World Series we've got two wins/losses on home turf each. Will it be trick or will it be treat?

Depends on who you're rooting for.

Cbergm? Oh, Brother. Where Art Thou?

Yep-- Cbergm is in St. Louis. We hung out for a year one day. Long story. Long day. Long year!!

Football. Baseball. I love/hate this time of year.
Last edited by Frodo on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

lol I often wonder what priceless baseball cards we destroyed as kids in the spokes of our bikes...yikes!!!! :shock:

When I was 11, I went to the game at Yankee Stadium that Mickey hit his 500th HomeRun, it was exciting as a kid even though Mantle was a shell of what he had been.......
For me a great baseball game is timeless, whether it was in our past or now,every now and then when you see a great game the drama is amazing and grabs me like no other sport.
:woohoo:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

Frodo wrote:By the time the game got to the 7th inning tonight (Sunday) I was nearly out of my mind. There weren't enough peanuts and Cracker Jacks in the entire universe to keep me in my seat.

Okay, so I thought the first game was amazing and the second game was a worthy answer to it.

Cbergm-- are you listening?

I missed the third game because life got in the way. (rackin frackit...)

Game 4? My biggest problem was that I was flipping between the World Series and the Packers/Vikings game. Whoever invented the split screen deserves a Nobel Prize.

So now with the World Series we've got two wins/losses on home turf each. Will it be trick or will it be treat?

Depends on who you're rooting for.

Cbergm? Oh, Brother. Where Art Thou?

Yep-- Cbergm is in St. Louis. We hung out for a year one day. Long story. Long day. Long year!!

Football. Baseball. I love/hate this time of year.
Ah, yes. Baseball and good times. Frodo and I ate, we drank, we were merry. If only that day could be a year, indeed. Or at least once a year for day would I take. I remain hopeful to repeat our day of fun soon, very soon my friend.

Boston was not in the series since 1918 before their last three appearances, and they swept the last two they were in, including St. Louis in 2004. One would think they were not accustomed to losing a World Series game for a long time until this year, so perhaps we have thrown them for a loop and will prevail...? We will see, but in the meantime, pass the dip and someone get me and Frodo a cold Schlafly!

(BTW, let's not forget Cards have won 11 WS and Boston only 7, so regardless of this outcome St. Louis is still superior. Just a sayin'... :shock: :))
Last edited by cbergm7210 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I was from the Boston area before moving west; go Sox. :koolaid: :woohoo:
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Frodo... you know it warms my heart to see a recent post from the Shire! Hope you are well, my friend!! :)

MIDI Life Crisis

James Steele wrote:Frodo... you know it warms my heart to see a recent post from the Shire! Hope you are well, my friend!! :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
James Steele wrote:Frodo... you know it warms my heart to see a recent post from the Shire! Hope you are well, my friend!! :)

Double Like :!:
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Make that 3 like! ;-)