Board Updates 10-18-13

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Board Updates 10-18-13

Post by James Steele »

Hey all. I just updated the site. We are now on current version of phpBB which is 3.0.12 and also had to update the version of PHP that the site was using. That's done as well.

Some other optimizations:

• Modified the board so that "View topic" and "View forum" do not appear in the title in the browser window any more. It was redundant and it also interfered with Facebook optimization. (See next item.)

• Included Facebook Open Graph meta tags in the overall header for the site so that when you share a link to a topic a nice MOTUnation logo appears and it will look nice. Maybe at some point a "Share" button could be added to pages. Here's what a post I made on my Facebook page looks like after the insertion of the Open Graph meta data:

Carry on! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Board Updates 10-18-13

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Thank you, James!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

No problem. There is also now a "Share" button although it appears *everywhere*. If you click it, it will open a dialog and allow you to share whatever page at MOTUNATION you clicked to Facebook. It's good for sharing topics as it will include the topic name with the info it passes to Facebook.

Here's where to find the button:

And this is an example of the dialog that that will appear when it's clicked:

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

UPDATE: I'll add the word "independent" to the forum description that appears in Facebook previews to help reinforce that although we love MOTU around here, the board is not owned or run by them. :D :unicorn: This will prevent them fielding complaints if I get cranky some days. :)

BobK

Post by BobK »

Thanks for all you do for MN, James,

:unicorn: :dance:
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Very nice James!
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Above and beyond the call, James. Thank you.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Phil O wrote:Above and beyond the call, James. Thank you.

Phil
No problem. It was overdue. Let's just say if this site were my full-time job it should have been done long ago. I'm also thinking the theme here is getting long-in-tooth. It might be time to give it a sprucing up soon too. :)

BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

James Steele wrote:Let's just say if this site were my full-time job it should have been done long ago.
What the hell is Doris doing all day?
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku